Solicitor Litigation at Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children, Auckland
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Solicitor Litigation - Full Time, 12month Fixed term - Auckland
Are you looking for a new start in a beautiful part of Aotearoa - New Zealand?
- No time recording or fee targets
- Plenty of people engagement and court time
- Ongoing training and development
- Supportive team environment
- Management dedicated to developing a team of highly skilled legal professionals with the right technical and professional skills
About us | Mō mātou
Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children has a commitment to putting tamariki and rangatahi at the heart of what we do. In our work, we aim to demonstrate these values:
We put Tamariki first
We believe Aroha is vital
We respect the Mana of people
We are Tika and Pono
We value Whakapapa
We recognise that Oranga is a journey
Our purpose is to ensure that all tamariki are in loving whānau and communities where oranga tamariki can be realised. We believe that by getting involved early in their lives and showing love and care, we give children the best chance of growing into happy thriving New Zealanders.
About the role | Mō te tūnga
In this fast-paced, exciting role you will play a key role providing legal advice and advocacy services to social workers and other staff. Your work will involve court time conducting litigation on behalf of Oranga Tamariki, with a focus on ensuring good outcomes for tamariki and their whānau.
The key work occurs outside of the courtroom - advising and collaborating. This is a role where your internal and external relationships will enable you to work collectively to make a positive difference for our tamariki.
What you will bring | Ngā pūmanawatanga ōu
- You will have been admitted as a Barrister and Solicitor in New Zealand and have (or be eligible for) a practicing certificate;
- You are driven by a desire to ensure all tamariki are in loving whānau and communities
- You are committed to helping us honour our treaty commitments to Māori to improve long-term outcomes
- You thrive in a job where no day is the same but each day your mahi matters
- You are committed to continuing your own Te Ao Māori development and cultural competence
- You have a sound understanding of either family or criminal (youth justice) law or have a genuine passion and interest to work in this area
- You have excellent communication, digital and written skills;
- You are a 'straight up' person who is honest, transparent and keeps your word.
- You are a team player and enjoy collaborating with others
- A clean driving licence and ability to use Oranga Tamariki vehicles to travel within Region
What's in it for you | Nōu te rourou
In return we provide a fascinating and rewarding career with flexible working opportunities and a committed team environment where we thrive to make a difference.
We offer a competitive salary in line with Oranga Tamariki's framework, as well as other benefits - https://mahi.orangatamariki.govt.nz/working-with-us/employee-benefits/
How to Apply | Me pēhea te tuku tono
Apply online with your CV and Cover Letter. If you are an Oranga Tamariki employee already, please ensure you register or login using your work email address.
For reporting and transparency, it is important that all applications are submitted through our careers site, please do not email through applications and/or CVs.
If you have any questions about the role, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close: 6 December 2021
Oranga Tamariki is committed to developing a diverse workforce and an inclusive workplace. We provide equal employment opportunities and welcome applications from everyone who can meet the requirements of the role. We also support flexible working arrangements.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children|
|Position type:||Fixed Term Contract|
|Category:||Legal & courts|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
|File links:||Solicitor Litigation PD.pdf|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.