Registered Nurse - General Medicine, 6 East Ward at Capital & Coast District Health Board (Wellington), Wellington Hospital
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Nau mai, haere mai ki Ūpoko ki te uru hauora.
Location: Wellington Regional Hospital
Service: General Medicine - Ward 6 East
Contract: Permanent, Rostered and rotating, part time 32-36 hours per week
Salary: NZNO-DHB MECA guided
Mō tō mātou rōpū About our team
General Medicine is the largest inpatient service and provides assessment, diagnosis, stabilisation and treatment, and rehabilitation of patients who present acutely for urgent medical diagnosis and treatment. General Medicine covers 3 departments with the Ward 6 East being one of them.
The services provided by the two departments above include:
- Acute medical care and assessment
- Diabetes and Endocrine, Dermatology, Rheumatology, Neurology and Oncology (acute presenting)
- Respiratory (inpatients)
- Elderly Services (Older Adult Rehabilitation and Allied Health Services)
- Alcohol and drug detoxification
- Consultation to surgical, orthopaedic, medical and ICU patients
- Medical presentations (are the most common group of patient) in ED
Moū About you
We are looking to recruit positive and enthusiastic Registered Nurses who have a genuine interest in patient well-being, in a variety of clinical specialities. If you have experience in the acute nursing care, geriatric nursing care, rehabilitation of the older person and you wish to extend your nursing skills within a multidisciplinary framework, we would like to hear from you.
- Undertakes a comprehensive and accurate nursing assessment of clients using suitable assessment tools underpinned by evidence-based knowledge.
- Contributes to care planning, involving clients, and demonstrates an understanding of clients rights to make informed decisions.
- Provides nursing care according to plan and undertakes clinical practice procedures and skills in a competent and safe way.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of nursing care seeking assistance and knowledge as necessary.
Skills & Experience
- Registered with the Nursing Council of New Zealand with a current APC with proven clinical expertise within an acute care setting, rehabilitation and geriatric care.
- Motivated and flexible self-starter with the ability to work both in a team and autonomously
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and the proven ability to engage people at all levels
- Competence in cannulation and phlebotomy is also desirable.
- Current NZ work visa/residency.
E pā ana ki a tatou About us
Here at the 2DHBs (Capital & Coast District Health Board and Hutt Valley District Health Boards) we embrace diversity and welcome applications from all people, including all gender identities, ages, ethnicities, sexual orientations, disability and religions. A workforce that is diverse and inclusive means that we are better positioned to understand and serve our community.
The 2DHBs are pro-equity health organisation, with a particular focus on Māori, Pacific Peoples, and the Disability Community.
To find out more about us click on the following links:
Me pēhea te tuku tono - How to apply
Click the apply now button to send your application directly to us. For further information on this role please email email@example.com and indicate the job title and vacancy number in the subject line.
2DHB requires ALL its employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19. To comply with the recent health order, applicants must have had their first dose AND their second dose no later than 1 January 2022.
We are not accepting applications that do not meet this criteria.
Please note we will be reviewing applications when received and will progress through the recruitment process
Ma tini, ma mano, ka rapa te whai
By joining together we will succeed
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Capital & Coast District Health Board (Wellington)|
|Position type:||Part Time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.