Product Manager - Southern at Kāinga Ora – Homes and Communities , Canterbury
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Contribute to the performance of our home ownership team
- Bring your understanding of home ownership products and home buying process
- Christchurch based, fixed term/secondment until 30 June 2022. $98,500k and a suite of benefits
Mō mātou - Our Organisation
At Kāinga Ora, ours is the important responsibility of transforming New Zealand's housing choices, outcomes and the entire housing sector by creating homes and communities that allow New Zealanders to thrive.
What is exciting about working for Kāinga Ora is getting the chance to make a real and positive impact on New Zealanders' lives. With skills, planning and purposeful action, our people are creating the homes and neighbourhoods that will build the future of Aotearoa.
We are passionate about transforming New Zealand for the better. That includes being a trusted partner for Māori and iwi, protecting and enabling their rights, interests and aspirations under the guidance of Te Tiriti o Waitangi.
Ko tā mātou mahi - Our Role
As Product Manager you will contribute to the performance of the Home Ownership team by providing operational support to the Senior Product Manager in the delivery and administration of our Home Ownership products. Whilst the position reports to the Manager Home Ownership, it is anticipated that day to day interaction will principally be with the Senior Product Manager.
These responsibilities involve having on-going operational responsibility for the reporting/statistics function of our Home Ownership products, providing home ownership product presentations, and training and supporting our people and customers at meetings/events in the Southern region. Responsibilities also include responsibility for the administration of email enquiries and overseeing the complaints response process.
Ngā pūmanawatanga ōu - What you will bring
To be successful in this role the Product Manager will have :
- A strong understanding of all of the Kāinga Ora home ownership assistance products, and home buying process
- Strong presentation ability, with an engaging manner, able to effectively communicate to a range of different audiences, from first home buyers, to solicitors and other industry professionals
- Good written and verbal communication skills with experience in training
- An understanding of Home ownership products' data, how it is gathered and what it tells us
- Naturally takes a thoughtful approach to new work, with strong analytical skills
- Able to follow policy guidelines carefully, but applying a customer-centric lens in reaching decisions
- Proactive approach to responsibility and understanding and completing tasks
Nōu te rourou - What's in it for you?
We offer competitive salaries, five weeks' annual leave, a range of benefits, flexible working arrangements and career development. These benefits are described in more detail here https://careers.kaingaora.govt.nz/a-great-place-to-work/benefits.
As a Kāinga Ora - Homes and Communities employee, we want to make sure that you have all the tools and support you need. We want to ensure you are healthy and have work-life balance. We also want to support and grow your personal and career development through on-the-job learning, training courses, secondments and study opportunities.
Ō Tātou Uara - Our Values
Our values were developed by us, for us. They unite us as an organisation and guide how we work every day. Our values are:
- Manaakitanga - People at the Heart
- Mahi Tahi - Better Together
- Whanake - Be Bold
Tūhono mai - Join us
To view the position description and apply for this role, please follow the online process via http://careers.kaingaora.govt.nz. Please note: all applicants, including existing employees, need to follow this process. If you have any questions, please contact the recruitment team via Kaingaora.firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close 1 December 2021.
We value diversity and are committed to working with each other and our customers in an inclusive and respectful way. We welcome applicants from all walks of life and appreciate the richness of experience that your point of difference brings to the organisation.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Kāinga Ora – Homes and Communities|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
|File links:||Product Manager PD National Services.pdf|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.