Operating Department Practitioner - New Zealand at Canterbury District Health Board (Christchurch), Christchurch
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Have you been looking for a change? Now is your opportunity to join a busy Anaesthetic Technician team based at Christchurch Hospital, the largest tertiary centre in the South Island.
In your move to Ōtautahi, Christchurch you will see what it means to have work-life balance and where adventure is never far away. If you re a considering a move, this could be your best one yet!
This is your chance to join a health system that truly cares. Here in Ōtautahi, the Canterbury District Health Board is a world leader in the delivery of integrated healthcare, and right now we have the opportunity for you!
As a highly skilled Anaesthetic Technician, you will be eager to play a key role in continuing our drive of constant improvement, provide exceptional care and delivery of service, and enjoy a varied and fast paced environment.
Your next team| tō tīma
The Canterbury DHB is home to a busy Anaesthesia service service based at Waipapa, the largest tertiary centre in the South Island. Our service also encompasses several other sites including Christchurch and Burwood hospitals. Waipapa houses state of the art equipment and offers a varied case mix.
The Role: Where you fit in
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Provide professional, technical and clinical assistance to Anaesthetists;
- Preparing equiptment within operating theatres or areas where anesthesia is provided.
- Anticipate problems and exceptional patient care;
- Mentoring trainee Anaesthetic Technicians.
You must :
- Have a recognised qualification within New Zealand or international equivalent;
- Have Registration with the Medical Sciences Council, annual or eligibility to obtain;
- Have A minimum of 2 years experience is preferable but not essential.
- Have strong interpersonal skills.
- Be Motivated to embrace challenges and change, and be able to work in challenging environments.
Please follow this link to find out more about the MSCNZ registration process for an overseas qualified Anaesthetic Technician: https://www.mscouncil.org.nz/
CDHB can provide the successful applicants with:
- Reimbursement of Registration with MSCNZ and APC fees
- Contribution towards relocation costs
So, are you interested?
Apply online, or to find out more information, please contact Daniel Bonnett Recruitment Partner.
Your application will be reviewed and progressed as soon as possible.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Canterbury District Health Board (Christchurch)|
|Position type:||Permanent,Full Time,Part Time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.