Senior Internal Auditor at Kāinga Ora – Homes and Communities , Wellington
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Wellington based
- Work with a diverse range of senior management and front line people in different business units on a wide range of audits and reviews
- Annual Salary of $117,000 plus five weeks annual leave and a suite of added benefits
Mō mātou - Our Organisation
At Kāinga Ora, ours is the important responsibility of transforming New Zealand's housing choices, outcomes and the entire housing sector by creating homes and communities that allow New Zealanders to thrive.
What is exciting about working for Kāinga Ora is getting the chance to make a real and positive impact on New Zealanders' lives. With skills, planning and purposeful action, our people are creating the homes and neighbourhoods that will build Aotearoa's future.
We are passionate about transforming New Zealand for the better. That includes being a trusted partner for Māori and iwi, protecting and enabling their rights, interests and aspirations under the guidance of Te Tiriti o Waitangi.
Ko tā mātou mahi - Our Role
We are currently recruiting for a Senior Internal Auditor to join our Wellington based team. Reporting to the Manager - Internal Audit, the Senior Internal Auditor will be responsible for the delivery of internal audit engagements, ensuring compliance with audit requirements, provide coaching to the team, leading relationships with business partners, and clearly communicating insights with senior management.
Ngā pūmanawatanga ōu - What you will bring
- Internal audit experience in a complex organisation, in activities such as capital and IT projects, core corporate services, quality assurance and contract management
- Excellent communication skills - proven ability in written, verbal and listening skills including facilitation of workshops and presentations
- Strong relationship building at all levels of the organisation
- Demonstrated ability to lead internal audit assignments
- Sound understanding of audit frameworks, theory, processes, principles and standards
- Knowledge and experience of information technology systems and computer assisted audit techniques.
Nōu te rourou - What's in it for you?
We offer competitive salaries, five weeks' annual leave and a benefits package including a range of insurances, flexible working arrangements and career development. These benefits are described in more detail here https://careers.kaingaora.govt.nz/a-great-place-to-work/benefits.
As a Kāinga Ora - Homes and Communities employee, we want to make sure that you have all the tools and support you need. We want to ensure you are healthy and have work-life balance. We also want to support and grow your personal and career development through on-the-job learning, training courses, secondments and study opportunities.
Ō Tātou Uara - Our Values
Our values were developed by us, for us. They unite us as an organisation and guide how we work every day. Our values are:
- Manaakitanga- People at the Heart
- Mahi Tahi- Better Together
- Whanake- Be Bold
Tūhono mai - Join us
To view the position description and apply for this role, please follow the online process via http://careers.kaingaora.govt.nz. Please note: all applicants, including existing employees, need to follow this process. If you have any questions, please contact the recruitment team via Kaingaora.firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close on Sunday 5th December 2021.
We value diversity and are committed to working with each other and our customers in an inclusive and respectful way. We welcome applicants from all walks of life and appreciate the richness of experience that your point of difference brings to the organisation.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Kāinga Ora – Homes and Communities|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Category:||Accounting & finance|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
|File links:||Kainga Ora - PD - Senior Internal Auditor.pdf|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.