Biomedical Engineer at Canterbury District Health Board (Christchurch), Christchurch
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Permanent full-time opportunity (40 hours per week) based at Christchurch Hospital
- Apply your skills in electronics, software and mechanical engineering to patient centred services
- Registration with The Electrical Workers Registration Board is essential
Our Purpose: Why we do it
When you work with the Canterbury District Health Board, you re part of something very special. We plan, fund and deliver health services to the almost 600,000 people that live in the Canterbury region. Our primary goal is to put people at the heart of everything we do.
The Team: What we do
Clinical Engineering provides a service to all Canterbury District Health Board (CDHB) clinical departments and facilities, including the Chatham s, West Coast DHB and has external service contracts with private hospitals and health centres. We re a large team working across specialties to maintain approximately 26,000 assets.
The primary role of the Clinical Engineering team is to advise, maintain and repair clinical equipment throughout Canterbury. The core skill set is electronics/electrical including mechanical elements. Clinical Engineering plays a key role in facilities planning, procurement, asset management and commissioning of new facilities. This service is essential to the continued operations of the clinical services and delivering best possible care to the patient.
We re looking for a technically-focused and mechanically-minded individual to join our team as Biomedical Engineers on a permanent, full time basis working 40hrs per week. The days and hours associated with these positions are Monday Friday with flexible start and finish times. In these positions you may be required to travel to Burwood or Hillmorton Hospital campuses.
The Role: Where you fit in
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Defect maintenance and planned maintenance
- Testing, calibration, commissioning, and evaluation of a diverse range of medical equipment
- Assisting patients and clinicians to use equipment safely and effectively
Your skills will include:
- Experience as a technician with well-developed skills in a service environment
- Knowledge and experience that covers a broad range of electronics and computer-based solutions
- A minimum of Electrical Appliance Serviceperson (EAS) qualification or international equivalent is essential
- Experience in a hospital or medical setting is advantageous
- Registration with The Electrical Workers Registration Board (or eligibility to obtain) is an essential requirement for the position
- As some travel to other campuses may be required, a full NZ driver s license is essential
Our Culture: What matters to us
Ko ngā tāngata, te mātua mahi
Putting people at the heart of all we do
Health is ultimately all about people. What s important around here is the way we care for and respect others, the responsibility taken for delivering outcomes, and going about our work with integrity.
Belonging Here: Becoming part of our story
Being part of the Canterbury District Health Board, you will enjoy a fantastic benefits scheme, the opportunity for flexible working arrangements and ongoing focus on your career development.
The Canterbury DHB believes that diversity and inclusion is key to ensure we deliver the best care for our diverse population. The Canterbury DHB is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer that welcomes and respects everyone.
If this role has sparked your interest but does not match your skills then please visit our careers website and have a look at our roles that better suit your expertise.
The role that you are applying for is one that may only be performed by a person who has been vaccinated against Covid-19. It is therefore a condition of this application that you are vaccinated against Covid-19. As a person working in the health and disability sector you will come into contact with a large number of people, some of whom may be vulnerable. Without a vaccine, there is the risk that you may contract Covid-19. The requirement to be vaccinated is to keep you safe and also to endeavour to protect others against the potential transmission of Covid-19 as a result of you contracting it in the course of your employment.
If you are interested in this role please apply directly on our career site here. Please note only applications submitted via our career site will be accepted. Applicants will be progressed as they are reviewed so apply now!
us on email@example.com for
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Canterbury District Health Board (Christchurch)|
|Position type:||Full Time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.