Sterile Services Technician at Canterbury District Health Board (Christchurch), Christchurch
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Permanent full-time (1.0FTE) opportunities based at the new Waipapa Hospital.
- Join a team that are integral to the provision of healthcare services at our Christchurch Campuses!
- Subsidised relocation packages are available for candidates relocating from the North Island.
- Have more pay left in your pocket by spending less of your income on your mortgage compared to New Zealand s other major cities*.
Our Purpose: Why we do it
When you work with the Canterbury District Health Board, you re part of something very special. We plan, fund and deliver health services to the almost 600,000 people that live in the Canterbury region. Our primary goal is to put people at the heart of everything we do.
The Team: What we do
Christchurch Hospital is a busy tertiary hospital. To ensure that we continue to offer the best patient care our key team in Sterile Services keeps things running smoothly from behind the scenes. As a crucial function, our team provides a service to decontaminate, pack and sterilise instruments for the operating theatres and many other departments.
This key team is looking for a Qualified Sterile Services Technician to join them on a permanent full-time basis! If you are looking to build a career in a growing and secure industry, then our Sterile Services team could be for you!
The Role: Where you fit in
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Providing direct technical processing of reusable medical devices (RMDs);
- Ensuring decontamination is achieved through the correct washing process;
- Ensuring that the correct sterilisation process is selected and used (Steam, Sterrad etc) as appropriate;
- Ensuring that RMDs are inspected and tested as required and specific to each RMD;
- Ensuring all required documentation is completed.
Your skills will include:
- You will need to be able to perform well under pressure;
- A high level of attention to detail;
- Good communication skills;
- You will also need to be physically fit as this role does involve some lifting;
- NZSSA Sterilising Technology Certification.
Care and respect for others. Manaaki me te whakaute i te tangata.
Integrity in all we do. Hāpai i ā mātou mahi katoa i runga i te pono.
Responsibility for outcomes. Te Takohanga i ngā hua.
We have an employee benefits programme available to all staff of the CDHB called Something for You. CDHB staff are entitled to preferential rates at a wide selection of partners across fashion, finance, health, lifestyle and more. either on a permanent basis or at exclusive events throughout the year. For both the things you need and the things you just want, as a CDHB employee you will be sure to enjoy being able to choose a little Something For You.
We are committed to helping you to construct your Professional Development Pathway out of the components that are best for you, resulting in better patient outcomes.
If this role is something that sounds exciting to you, please apply now
E koekoe te tūi, e ketekete te kākā, e kūkū te kereru!
It takes all people!
How to Apply
Applications are only accepted online so please visit our website at www.careers.cdhb.govt.nz to complete an application.
Contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Canterbury District Health Board (Christchurch)|
|Position type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.