Social Worker Caregiver at Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children, Waikato
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Permanent, full-time position
- Hamilton location
- Specialised role focusing on recruiting, assessing, and supporting caregivers to provide the best possible care for the tamariki and rangatahi in their care
This role requires excellent assessment, communication and problem-solving skills, and the ability to work with caregivers from all walks of life who have varied motivations for providing care. Supporting and valuing caregivers is paramount, and you will put caregivers at the centre of everything you do.
Mō mātou | About us
Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children has a commitment to putting tamariki and rangatahi at the heart of what we do. In our work, we aim to demonstrate these values:
- We put Tamarikifirst
- We believe Arohais vital
- We respect the Manaof people
- We are Tikaand Pono
- We value Whakapapa
- We recognise that Orangais a journey
Our purpose is to ensure that all tamariki are in loving whānau and communities where oranga tamariki can be realised. We believe that by getting involved early in their lives and showing love and care, we give children the best chance of growing into happy thriving New Zealanders.
Mō te tūnga | About the role
The role of a Social Worker Caregiver is varied and rewarding. The needs of caregivers are being brought to the forefront of practice in recognition of the important role they play in the lives of tamariki who cannot live safely at home. You will ensure our caregivers understand their part in a child's journey through care, are prepared with the skills and information they need to care, and are supported to provide nurturing, safe and stable homes for tamariki. Your work will include supporting whanau and non-whanau caregivers, emergency and respite caregivers, and long-term caregivers.
Collaborating with the child's Social Worker will be a key component of the role as you work together to provide great outcomes for tamariki who need caring for. You'll also be working with other agencies and providers to ensure the needs of our caregivers are met.
Ngā pūmanawatanga ōu | What you will bring
We are looking for candidates that demonstrate the following:
- A recognised Social Work qualification by the Social Worker Registration Board (SWRB)
- Full registration with New Zealand's Social Worker Registration Board
- Demonstrated resilience, critical thinking, and problem-solving techniques
- Upholding the principles of the Treaty of Waitangi and demonstrating this in practice
- Having a good understanding of section 7(AA) of The Oranga Tamariki Act
- Passion and vision for caregivers and what they need to succeed
- Excellent relationship management skills
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills
- A valid and clean New Zealand's driver's licence
- Understanding and appreciation of cross-cultural practices in particular; knowledge of tikanga Māori, and Pacific peoples' culture
Nōu te rourou | What's in it for you
- A challenging, fascinating and rewarding career
- Colleagues who are committed to the highest standards of strengths-based social work
- On-going training and regular supervision to support you in achieving your personal and professional goals
Annual remuneration for this position is between $74,839.35 and $90,714.36 dependent on experience, with tenure based progression steps available above this range. We offer a vibrant and supportive team, flexible work options and a genuine commitment to wellbeing. We offer significant training and professional development so that you can thrive and grow.
To see all the benefits of working for Oranga Tamariki, please visit https://mahi.orangatamariki.govt.nz/working-with-us/employee-benefits/
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to Apply
Apply online with your CV and Covering Letter. If you are an Oranga Tamariki employee already, please ensure you apply with a log in using your Oranga Tamariki email address.
If you have any questions about role, please contact email@example.com
Applications close: 9th December 2021
Oranga Tamariki is committed to developing a diverse workforce and an inclusive workplace. We provide equal employment opportunities and welcome applications from everyone who can meet the requirements of the role. We also support flexible working arrangements.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Category:||Social, welfare & community|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
|File links:||Social Worker Caregiver - Position Description.pdf|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.