Occupational Therapist, part-time at Auckland District Health Board (Central Auckland), Auckland
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Permanent Part time role (0.5) 20 hours a week
- Awesome Team!
- New Zealand’s leading DHB
We are looking for an experienced Occupational Therapist to join our dedicated and supportive Adult Occupational Therapy team at Auckland City Hospital.
This is a great opportunity for you to work with New Zealand’s largest public hospital and clinical research facility. Working at Auckland DHB you can have both an amazing career as well as an awesome work life balance.
This role is based within the speciality of Older People’s Health Rehabilitation/ Mana Awhi wards.
You will join an excellent team of Occupational Therapists to gain skills and competencies in assessment, treatment, and rehabilitation and discharge planning. You will work alongside your wider Allied Health colleagues using an interdisciplinary model within a multidisciplinary team on the wards to deliver high quality, effective services for our population. Regardless of your experience, you can expect to receive a thorough orientation and regular meetings with your practice supervisor.
This position is part time permanent, working 20 hours per week.
As the ideal person for this role, you will have the following skills and attributes:
• Have registration as an Occupational Therapist with Occupational Therapy Board of NZ with current APC
• At least 2 years recent experience in a hospital setting as an OT
• Confidence to work effectively within the extended multidisciplinary team
• Excellent clinical decision making skills and use of evidence based practice
• A flexible, pro-active and can-do approach with experience supporting staff and students
• Excellent organisational, communication and inter-personal skills
• Ability to work autonomously in a bicultural environment and knowledge of the acute hospital environment
If you need any further information about these positions, please contact Natalie Muthoo, Clinical Lead Occupational Therapy on NMuthoo@adhb.govt.nz
Auckland District Health Board (Auckland DHB) is one of the leading healthcare providers and teaching hospital in New Zealand offering a wide range of tertiary and quaternary clinical services to a large and diverse population. We have state of the art facilities and provide our services from three hospitals – Auckland City Hospital, Starship Children’s Health and Greenlane Clinical Centre. Here is what we can offer you:
- Thorough orientation with continuous improvement and development opportunities
- Discounts at a variety of businesses, free eye test
- A great team environment and supportive work culture
- Meaningful support and full orientation
- Subsidised gym membership, free gym classes run by 5Points Gym
To apply please click on the ‘Apply’ tab below and submit your application online attaching your updated CV and Covering Letter. For help with your application please email, Hamish Watson on HamishWats@adhb.govt.nz quoting ref #ADHB12446A
Closing date is December 9, 2021.
For the largest health sector job board in New Zealand, visit www.kiwihealthjobs.com
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Auckland District Health Board (Central Auckland)|
|Position type:||Permanent Part time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.