Project Accountant at Kāinga Ora – Homes and Communities , Wellington
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Influence large-scale, highly complex projects that are ground-breaking in NZ
- Clear career development pathways, Auckland based
- $98,500 plus 5 weeks' annual leave and flexible working
Mō mātou - Our Organisation
At Kāinga Ora, ours is the important responsibility of transforming New Zealand's housing choices, outcomes and the entire housing sector by creating homes and communities that allow New Zealanders to thrive.
What is exciting about working for Kāinga Ora is getting the chance to make a real and positive impact on New Zealanders' lives. With skills, planning and purposeful action, our people are creating the homes and neighborhoods that will build the future of Aotearoa.
We are passionate about transforming New Zealand for the better. That includes being a trusted partner for Māori and iwi, protecting and enabling their rights, interests and aspirations under the guidance of Te Tiriti o Waitangi.
Ko tā mātou mahi - Our Role
Our award winning Finance Team is growing, and as such we are now looking to welcome a Project Accountant to work closely with the Senior Project Accountant and the relevant Business Group on project forecasting/budgeting, reporting, and capitalisation.
Some of your key duties will include:
- Supporting the relevant Project Team's finance and performance activities alongside the Senior Project Accountant by acting as their interface to the Finance Team
- Supporting accurate and timely financial reporting, forecasting and budget preparation for assigned projects
- Ensuring proper accounting guidelines and processes are adhered to
- Supporting asset capitalisation by ensuring the integrity of information provided
- Enabling the right outcomes for Kāinga Ora by building and managing key relationships
Ngā pūmanawatanga ōu - What you will bring
In order to be successful in this challenging role you will be CA qualified with at least three years' project accounting experience. You will also bring:
- Demonstrated ability to identify, collect, organise and analyse complex data to provide information and enable decision-making
- Demonstrated commitment to fostering good stakeholder relationships through consultation and partnership
- The ability to clearly and concisely convey information and ideas in both oral and written communication
- Demonstrated an ongoing commitment to learning new skills
- A collaborative, positive approach.
Nōu te rourou - What's in it for you?
This newly created role is an ideal opportunity to utilise your strong relationship management skills and technical expertise to support positive outcomes, not just across our business but across New Zealand. You will enjoy working with a team of intelligent, passionate experts in a very complex, challenging and rewarding space.
We offer competitive salaries, five weeks' annual leave and a benefits package including a range of insurances, flexible working arrangements and career development. These benefits are described in more detail here https://careers.kaingaora.govt.nz/a-great-place-to-work/benefits.
As a Kāinga Ora - Homes and Communities employee, we want to make sure that you have all the tools and support you need. We want to ensure you are healthy and have work-life balance. We also want to support and grow your personal and career development through on-the-job learning, training courses, secondments and study opportunities.
Ō Tātou Uara - Our Values
Our values were developed by us, for us. They unite us as an organisation and guide how we work every day. Our values are:
- Manaakitanga- People at the Heart
- Mahi Tahi- Better Together
- Whanake- Be Bold
Tūhono mai - Join us
To view the position description and apply for this role, please follow the online process via http://careers.kaingaora.govt.nz. Please note: all applicants, including existing employees, need to follow this process. If you have any questions, please contact the recruitment team via Kaingaora.firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close on Saturday 4th December 2021
We value diversity and are committed to working with each other and our customers in an inclusive and respectful way. We welcome applicants from all walks of life and appreciate the richness of experience that your point of difference brings to the organisation.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Kāinga Ora – Homes and Communities|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Category:||Accounting & finance|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.