Occupational Therapist at Auckland District Health Board (Central Auckland), Auckland
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
• Awesome Team!
• New Zealand’s leading DHB
We are looking for a new graduate to join our dedicated and supportive Occupational Therapy team at Auckland DHB. This is a great opportunity for you to work in New Zealand’s largest public hospital and clinical research facility. Working at Auckland DHB you can have both an amazing start to your Occupational Therapy career as well as an awesome work life balance.
About the role
This is a full time permanent position of 40 hours per week. The Core I rotations are six months long with opportunities in the following specialities based at Auckland City Hospital:
• Acute Medical
• Older Peoples’ Health/Mana Awhi
You will join an excellent team of OTs to gain skills and competencies in occupational therapy assessment, treatment, rehabilitation and discharge planning. You will work alongside your wider Allied Health colleagues using an interdisciplinary model within a multidisciplinary team on the wards to deliver high quality, effective services for our population. Regardless of your experience, you can expect to receive a thorough orientation and regular meetings with your practice supervisor.
Click here to view the position description
For further information please contact Natalie Muthoo on email@example.com, Clinical Lead Occupational therapy
What we can offer you
Auckland District Health Board (Auckland DHB) is one of the leading healthcare providers in New Zealand offering a wide range of tertiary and quaternary clinical services to a large and diverse population. We have state of the art facilities and provide our services from three hospitals – Auckland City Hospital, Starship Children’s Health and Greenlane Clinical Centre.
Here is what we can offer you:
• Working within a dynamic, supportive and multidisciplinary team
• Meaningful support and orientation to your practice contexts with robust opportunities for critical reflection on practice, including peer review and professional supervision
• On the job training with continuous improvement and development opportunities including a well-established in-service training programme
• A great team environment and supportive work culture
• Discounts at a variety of businesses, free eye test
About the department
Our Occupational Therapy Service provides assessment, treatment and rehabilitation to our patients in various clinical specialities across the hospital. You will collaborate with patients and the multidisciplinary team providing specialist occupational therapy assessment and interventions. You will be involved in developing the pathway for your patient group to support a culture of rehabilitation and engagement on the ward. You will join an excellent team of Allied Health practitioners to gain skills and competency in occupation-centred assessment and complex discharge planning. You will work alongside your wider Allied Health colleagues using an interdisciplinary model to deliver high quality and effective services.
As the ideal person for this role, you will have the following skills and attributes:-
• Either be a new graduate or have less than 2 years’ experience as an occupational therapist
• Have a current Occupational Therapy Annual Practicing Certificate
• Sound clinical reasoning skills and use of evidence informed practice
• Ability to work collaboratively with a range of professional groups in a multidisciplinary setting
• Effective time management, prioritisation and organisation skills
• Drive, energy and initiative with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Pro-active and can-do approach with the ability to be flexible and work autonomously as well as in a team.
To apply please click on the ‘Apply’ tab below and submit your application online attaching your updated CV and Covering Letter. If you have any queries about this opportunity or accessibility or technical issues with the online process, please contact Hamish Watson, Recruitment Consultant on firstname.lastname@example.org quoting ref #ADHB12748A to discuss how we can best support your application
Closing date is 14th December 2021
For the largest health sector job board in New Zealand, visit www.kiwihealthjobs.com
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Auckland District Health Board (Central Auckland)|
|Position type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.