Automation Test Analyst at Waikato District Health Board (Hamilton), Waikato
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Where you’ll be working: Hamilton
The details: Permanent, 40 hours per week
This is an opportunity for a vibrant, enthusiastic, and experienced Test Analyst to join our Hamilton based DevOps team. We are a major organisation with a high volume of critical, complex and challenging projects underway and an exciting pipeline of activity in the making.
About the role:
We have a busy test team and are looking to grow our delivery capability with a focus on lifting our automated testing capability.
You will hold Advance level ISTQB level certification, are robust in your processes and passionate about Testing. You thrive as part of a team while happily working with a degree of autonomy. Focusing on customer outcomes and relationship management are second nature. You will bring your experience in an automated testing environment.
The role will deliver Test service improvement initiatives to the delivery and performance of all testing services, through the adoption of TaaS (Test as a Service) and management of the service delivery life cycle and desired state approach.
The role will be involved in the entire testing effort from planning and execution through to UAT and will deliver effective test suites and regimes for in-house product development, software application development, information system launches, and operations systems enhancements.
This individual will apply proven analytical and problem-solving skills to help validate, verify, communicate, and resolve systems/software application issues through careful testing in order to maximize the benefit of IT investments and initiatives. Effective development of plans and coordination of team resources is essential in the successful management and delivery of testing services to our customer base.
• Appropriate professional qualification or experience in Business/Computer Science/Information Systems or equivalent
• Hands on experience in project delivery applying Dev Ops & Agile principles preferably in healthcare industry
• Advance level ISTQB test certification (Foundation plus next level)
• Proficient in Manual Testing – Develop Test Plans & Test Exit Reports, Design & Execute Test Cases at all levels (System, Integration, Regression, UAT etc.), Log & Track defects in Test Management Tool(s), Facilitate User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and provide Test Sign offs.
• 8+ years extensive experience in “Leading” Automation test effort estimation, Test tool evaluation, Test governance ( Test environments, Test Artefacts etc.) and implementing industry best testing techniques and practices.
• 6+ years demonstrated experience creating & maintaining automation testing frameworks, hands-on experience with automation tools such as Ranorex, Selenium etc.
• Demonstrated experience and contribution to Proof of Concept (PoC) and improving test maturity
• Proficient in building and maintaining test automation solutions using contemporary programming languages & technologies such as Java, C#, Python, Gherkin, Groovy Scripting & Specification by Example (SBE)
• 3+ Years proven experience carrying out performance testing (Load, Stress & Volume) & API testing using a range of leading test tools like Load Runner, Jmeter, Soap UI, Postman etc.
• Passion for leading and coaching test team members in areas of test automation, performance testing and adopting new testing techniques and methodologies.
• Experienced with Change Management processes (CAB) and other cross functional team engagements.
• ITIL foundation certification or demonstrated experience of ITIL practices in an IS organisation.
• ISTQB – Agile Tester Certification
• Dev Ops - Foundation training & Certification
• Agile training and certification
The Waikato District Health Board Health & Safety has a policy that includes ensuring that you comply with the Health Order announced 11 October 2021 and with the Waikato DHB’s Vaccine Preventable Diseases for Employees policy. The policy prescribes the required vaccinations including COVID19 for all employees of Waikato DHB. COVID-19 vaccinations are mandatory before you commence employment.
We are a values based and inclusive organisation that is committed to deliver the best health outcomes for our total population. To do this we are working hard to develop a robust and capable workforce that reflects the population we serve. We strongly encourage applicants from all backgrounds with the necessary capability and who share our values to apply and would greatly value seeing more applicants from our Māori communities.
Please apply directly online, and click here to view the position description. Applications are not accepted via email. For any specific queries about the role, please contact Rachael Devey in the Recruitment Team Rachael.email@example.com
Closing date: 28 January 2022
Theme “People at Heart” – Te iwi Ngakaunui
• Give and earn respect – Whakamana
• Listen to me; talk to me – Whakarongo
• Fair play – Mauri Pai
• Growing the good – Whakapakari
• Stronger together – Kotahitanga
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Waikato District Health Board (Hamilton)|
|Position type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.