21/783 General Manager Pumanawa Tangata/People and Capability at Department of Internal Affairs, Wellington
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Hours: Full time
Business Group: Pūmanawa Tangata - People and Capability
Branch: Organisational Capability and Services
Salary: $178,789 - $241,890
- Strategic leadership role
- Delivering on the vision of being a high performing organisation and a great place to work
- A trusted advisor to the Executive Leadership Team
Department of Internal Affairs / Te Tari Taiwhenua is an agent of the Crown, we have an important role in supporting the relationship with Māori under the Treaty of Waitangi. We work collectively to make a meaningful difference for New Zealanders now and in the future. Our purpose is to serve and connect people, communities and government to build a safe, prosperous and respected nation.
About the role
The GM Pūmanawa Tangata / People & Capability, is accountable for leading the delivery of people and capability strategies to deliver on our vision of being a high performing organisation and a great place to work. A critical and valued role, the GM Pūmanawa Tangata / People & Capability provides trusted advice throughout Te Tari Taiwhenua and thought leadership to the Chief Executive and Executive Leadership Team. This role leads delivery of the full range of people & capability services from payroll through to organisational development.
Reporting to the Deputy Chief Executive, He Pou Aronui / Organisational Capability and Services, the role is part of a connected and strategic Senior Leadership Team who lead a wide range of services that back the Department to succeed for Aotearoa / New Zealand. Identifying opportunities to build future focused initiatives and projects, streamline processes and implement innovative continuous improvement will be key factors that determine the success of this role.
To be successful in this role you will:
- Have a proven track record of successfully growing organisational capability and leadership.
- Demonstrate exceptional stakeholder management skills at the Executive Leadership Team level and cross-functional collaboration
- Continue to develop and increase capacity and skills of the function
- Be driven to achieve continuous improvement across new and flexible ways of working
- Be experienced in managing change to ensure the organisation continues to excel in delivering an outstanding service and value proposition
- Understand best practice operating models that are streamlined and appropriate for the organisation
- Have senior management experience in a people function within a large and complex organisation where you have defined, developed, and delivered major people strategies, projects and systems
- Understanding of the political process and the role and place of public service agencies and a commitment to the overall goals and objectives of the NZ Public Service including partnership with Māori in the context of the Treaty of Waitangi
This is an incredibly exciting opportunity to work very closely with a strong Senior Leadership Team and drive innovation and transformation as you inspire others through vision and purpose.
Inside Recruitment are recruiting this position on behalf of the Department. Please send your application directly to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org. For a confidential discussion please call Melissa Dick on 09 913 0175 or Dale Gray on 09 913 0172.,
To learn more about the diverse, important mahi we do at Te Tari Taiwhenua and see why we're a great place to work, click here.
We work to make New Zealand better for New Zealanders through our four outcome areas:
- People can easily access the services and information they need
- Iwi, hapū and communities across New Zealand are safe, resilient and thriving
- People's sense of belonging and collective memory builds an inclusive New Zealand
- New Zealand is a well-functioning democracy across central and local government
Internal Affairs has a vaccination policy and employment with the Department is conditional on being fully vaccinated for Covid-19, holding and maintaining a valid My Vaccine Pass. Consideration will be given to whether medical or other genuine exemptions can be accommodated in cases.
Applications close: 5pm, Friday 21 January 2022
For more information please contact: Inside Recruitment are recruiting this position on behalf of the Department. Please send your application directly to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org. For a confidential discussion please call Melissa Dick on 09 913 0175 or Dale Gray on 09 913 0172.
Job description: To review the full job description, please click here. If you are unable to follow the link, please review the full job description on our careers website.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Department of Internal Affairs|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Category:||Human resources, recruitment & training|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.