Kaihautū, Pāpāho, Totoro me Huinga - Director, Communications, Engagement & Even at Te Puni Kōkiri - Ministry of Māori Development, Wellington
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Te Whiwhinga Mahi | The opportunity
We are looking to recruit an experienced and exceptional Director to lead the Communication, Engagement and Events directorate. Bringing your strategic insights and innovative thinking, you will lead the directorate to design and deliver exceptional communication and engagement approaches that support and enable Te Puni Kōkiri to reach it wide range of stakeholders. Reporting to a Deputy Secretary, you will be a member of the leadership team and you will have broad responsibility for leading and implementing operational programmes and functions including:
- Leading the team to deliver compelling and influential communications, and support our TPK teams with creating events that engage and provide impact
- Providing direct advice to the ELT, shaping our strategy and supporting our important mahi to continuously lift standards of communication and engagement around improving Māori wellbeing.
- Provide strategic leadership on communications initiatives working in close collaboration with Ministers and Stakeholders
Ko wai koe | About you
As the successful candidate you will have:
- Significant communications planning, project, and issues management experience across demanding leadership roles in complex and diverse organisations.
- Proven strategic and operational experience leading high performing multiple-disciplinary Comms team
- Exceptional writing and presentation skills with a distinctive approach and tone that connects with Te Ao Māori
- A degree in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations, and/or Agency experience is preferred
Ngā uara ka whiwhi koe ki Te Puni Kōkiri | Working at Te Puni Kōkiri
Te Puni Kōkiri is the Principal Policy Advisor to the Government on Māori wellbeing and development and we have an important contribution to make to impact Māori wellbeing outcomes. To do this, we must exert leadership and influence on the public sector system to enable and support the Government to deliver positive wellbeing outcomes for Māori.
Our commitment to 'Whānau Taurikura' - 'Thriving Whānau' enables whānau, hapū and iwi to succeed and underpins everything that we do.
Our people are at the heart of achieving this vision and it is our people who contribute to supporting Māori collective success by creating and maintaining relationships with iwi, hapū and whānau Māori, and Government at both a local and national level.
We are guided by our values of excellence, valuing people and relationships, working collectively and being creative and innovative. We invest in our people and you will be encouraged to develop and contribute to your fullest potential. We believe strongly in work/life balance and understand that your whānau is important. We are also committed to your wellbeing, and ongoing learning and development. In-house Te Reo Māori training is available to our employees as well as the opportunity to join Te Puni Kōkiri Kapa Haka group.
For an initial information pack and to arrange a discussion please contact Raewyn Brown at email@example.com.
We are actively reviewing talent and an appointment will be made once a suitable candidate is identified. We encourage you to make your application today or get in touch to discuss more about how this great opportunity will fit with your career goals
To apply please send your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Te Puni Kōkiri - Ministry of Māori Development|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Category:||Communications, media, & marketing|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
|File links:||2021 12 13 IP - JD Director Communications, Engagement & Events OS OS.pdf|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.