Nurse Educator - Professional Development Unit:Emergency Nursing Care Portfolio at Waikato District Health Board (Hamilton), Waikato
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Where you’ll be working: Nurse Educator – Professional Development Unit – Emergency Nursing Education
The details: Permanent part-time, 0.8FTE
Are you passionate about educating nurses? Do you get energised when you see the light bulb moment in someone? Do you want to influence clinical skill and professional practice development to enhance patient outcomes? If so, then we have an exciting opportunity for you!
About the role:
We are looking for a nurse educator to join us in the Professional Development Unit. Our vision is "Leading Education for Quality Care" and our mission is the advancement of nursing and midwifery practice, facilitated through workforce development and clinical education initiatives.
The purpose of this nursing leadership role is to respond to variances in clinical education needs and facilitate learning for nursing staff working in our emergency departments. It also facilitates the learning experience for students and new graduate nurses placed in ED. The successful candidate will work in partnership with a team of dedicated and experienced nurse educators and clinical leaders to plan and implement responses to learning needs. The role is physically based at Waikato Hospital in Hamilton.
• a passion for developing nurses in clinical and professional practice
• at least four years post registration experience, with relevant acute clinical experience
• a record in delivering and facilitating learning in clinical practice, experience in simulation an advantage
• expert level on PDRP, or at least proficient with demonstrated ability to transition to expert/senior
• excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• engagement in quality improvement activities such as holding a champion/link nurse role
• a preceptorship qualification is essential, further adult education qualifications an advantage
• evidence of successful study at postgraduate level
What we offer:
• A supportive environment focused on development and growth
• Mentorship and access to professional supervision
• An exceptionally supportive and enthusiastic team of educators, who collaborate to deliver the Professional Development Unit’s vision of “Leading Education for Quality Care”
• Access to professional development opportunities
If this sounds like an opportunity you may be interested in, then we would love to hear from you!
For more information, please contact:
JM Burgess, Nurse Manager Clinical Education 0275817660 Or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Waikato District Health Board Health & Safety has a policy that includes ensuring that you comply with the Health Order announced 11 October 2021 and with the Waikato DHB’s Vaccine Preventable Diseases for Employees policy. The policy prescribes the required vaccinations including COVID19 for all employees of Waikato DHB. COVID-19 vaccinations are mandatory before you commence employment.
The Waikato District Health Board (DHB) is one of the largest of 20 DHBs in New Zealand. We plan, fund and provide health and disability support services to a population of more than 400,000. We run five hospitals across the district – a tertiary hospital in Hamilton, a secondary hospital in Thames, and three rural hospitals in Te Kuiti, Taumarunui, and Tokoroa.
Waikato Hospital in Hamilton is one of New Zealand’s largest tertiary, teaching hospitals with over 600 inpatient beds and 22 operating theatres. Clinical specialities include Women’s and Children Services, Cardiology / Cardiothoracic Surgery, Oncology and Haematology, Surgical services, and Mental Health and Addiction. Waikato Hospital is the Midland regional referral centre for multiple specialties including trauma surgery, oncology, and neurology.
We are a values based and inclusive organisation that is committed to deliver the best health outcomes for our total population. To do this we are working hard to develop a robust and capable workforce that reflects the population we serve. We strongly encourage applicants from all backgrounds with the necessary capability and who share our values to apply and would greatly value seeing more applicants from our Māori communities.
Please apply directly online, and click here to review the position description. Applications are not able to be accepted via email.
Theme “People at Heart” – Te iwi Ngakaunui
• Give and earn respect - Whakamana
• Listen to me; talk to me – Whakarongo
• Fair play – Mauri Pai
• Growing the good – Whakapakari
• Stronger together – Kotahitanga
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Waikato District Health Board (Hamilton)|
|Position type:||Permanent Part time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.