Health Care Assistant - Critical Care at Waikato District Health Board (Hamilton), Waikato
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Where you’ll be working: Critical Care Department, Waikato Hospital
The details: Permanent, Part-Time, 40 - Hours Fortnight (0.5 FTE)
About the role:
A position has become available for a Health Care Assistant working rostered and rotating shifts in the Critical Care Department.
We are seeking individuals with excellent time management, enhanced communication skills and initiative to join our dynamic team.
• Providing patient care such as hygiene cares, assisting with mobilising and meals
• Cleaning, restocking, tidying and ordering stock
• Supporting patient flow • Assisting with tasks delegated by a registered nurse
• Working as part of a multi-disciplinary team to achieve agreed patient outcomes.
Key requirements are:
• Patient, family and team centred approach.
• Effective communication skills with a good written and oral command of English
• Ability to take initiative and work with minimal direction
• Prioritisation and problem solving abilities.
• Caring and supportive
• Proficient with computers and technology
• Previous experience in health care in a New Zealand acute healthcare setting A full orientation will be provided.
The Waikato District Health Board Health & Safety has a policy that includes ensuring that you comply with the Health Order announced 11 October 2021 and with the Waikato DHB’s Vaccine Preventable Diseases for Employees policy. The policy prescribes the required vaccinations including COVID19 for all employees of Waikato DHB. COVID-19 vaccinations are mandatory before you commence employment.
The Waikato District Health Board (DHB) is one of the largest of 20 DHBs in New Zealand.
We plan, fund and provide health and disability support services to a population of more than 400,000. We run five hospitals across the district – a tertiary hospital in Hamilton, a secondary hospital in Thames, and three rural hospitals in Te Kuiti, Taumarunui, and Tokoroa.
Waikato Hospital in Hamilton is one of New Zealand’s largest tertiary, teaching hospitals with over 600 inpatient beds and 22 operating theatres. Clinical specialities include Women’s and Children Services, Cardiology / Cardiothoracic Surgery, Oncology and Haematology, Surgical services, and Mental Health and Addiction. Waikato Hospital is the Midland regional referral centre for multiple specialties including trauma surgery, oncology, and neurology.
We are a values based and inclusive organisation that is committed to deliver the best health outcomes for our total population. To do this we are working hard to develop a robust and capable workforce that reflects the population we serve. We strongly encourage applicants from all backgrounds with the necessary capability and who share our values to apply and would greatly value seeing more applicants from our Māori communities.
Please apply directly online, and click here to review the position description.
Applications are not accepted via email. For any specific queries about the role please contact Rex.Valenzuela@waikatodhb.health.nz.
Application Closing date: Open until filled
Theme “People at Heart” – Te iwi Ngakaunui
• Give and earn respect - Whakamana
• Listen to me; talk to me – Whakarongo
• Fair play – Mauri Pai
• Growing the good – Whakapakari
• Stronger together – Kotahitanga
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Waikato District Health Board (Hamilton)|
|Position type:||Permanent Part time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.