Social Worker, Allied Health Inpatient West, Waitakere Hospital at Waitemata District Health Board (North & West Auckland), Auckland
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Part-time Permanent Social Worker position: 0.75 FTE (30hrs p.w/60 per fortnight)
Allied Health Inpatient Team
Our team is looking for a Social Worker who wants to make a difference, providing bio-psycho-social assessment and therapeutic social work interventions with adults across the acute and rehabilitation wards at Waitakere Hospital. There is also the requirement, over time, to be developed in to working on the Emergency Department out-of-hours roster for weekends and public holidays (as required).
The successful candidate will be client-centred in their approach and have excellent risk assessment skills, counselling skills, including some experience working with grief and loss. They will be effective communicators and key members of a dynamic multidisciplinary team.
You will enjoy working within a true learning organisation that encourages your personal career growth and development. We provide regular professional supervision and ongoing support and training opportunities.
You must hold a Bachelor of Social Work degree and be registered with the New Zealand SWRB, or equivalent overseas registration and be committed to working towards NZ registration. ANZASW membership and previous hospital experience is preferred.
Are you able to:
- Share our passion in providing an excellent service for adults?
- Demonstrate that you are a dynamic clinician seeking new opportunities?
- Work independently within a team?
If you are looking to be valued by a dynamic and supportive team then come and work with us!
We have a lot to offer you:
- Support from skilled senior staff
- A hardworking, supportive yet fun environment with a great team of experienced clinicians
- Opportunities to develop knowledge and skills in the area of respiratory and rehabilitation
- In-house career development with regular in-services, training and education opportunities
- Regular monthly supervision
- 6 months Free Health cover for new employees ( must apply within 4 weeks of starting)
- Access to our free Employee Assistance Programme
- Free flu vaccinations
- Free 24/7 staff gym
- Discounts at some great companies via our Waitemata Work Perks network
If this sounds like you then please apply online!
For further information please contact Sian Lyness, Clinical Leader Social Work at email@example.com or on 021 722 803 and/or Delia McKenna, Professional Clinical Leader for Social Work at firstname.lastname@example.org or 021 274 0567.
For general queries or support with your application please ring Bairavi Thavarasa, Recruitment Assistant on 09 442 7251.
To view a copy of the position description, please click here.
Job Number: WDHB13561
Closing Date: 28 January 2022
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Waitemata District Health Board (North & West Auckland)|
|Position type:||Permanent Part time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.