Consultant Radiologist | Tākuta rongoā iraruke Mātanga (Neurodiagnostic and Interventional) at Capital & Coast District Health Board (Wellington), Wellington Hospital
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Nau mai, haere mai ki Ūpoko ki te uru hauora
Location: Wellington Regional Hospital
Contract: Permanent, Full time with on-call component
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for a Consultant Radiologist (Neurodiagnostic and Interventional) to join our team in providing tertiary services to the central region from Wellington hospital. This position has not been recruited to before and creates a fourth INR position to support our expanding service.
The Neurointervention service in the hospital performs between 60 70 endovascular cerebral aneurysm cases per year and approximately 40 - 50 other neurointerventional cases (AVM embolisation, treatment of spinal lesions and stroke). As one of the three centres (Auckland, Wellington & Christchurch) identified in the National Plan for stroke/clot retrieval services a fourth INR is important to provide this critical and growing service within the region.
Extensive works are now currently underway to increase the capability and capacity of the interventional labs. At completion this will result in a second dedicated Angiography room and at minimum one Biplane Angiography unit .
There is an opportunity to take a leadership role within the Radiology interventional unit to help to provide direction to the growth of the service and provide guidance and support for colleagues.
- Providing the provision of high quality diagnostic imaging and diagnostic and therapeutic Tier A and Tier B Neurointerventional interventional procedures
- Examination reporting
- Providing expert advice and leading MDM(s) as appropriate
- Oversight for Radiology Registrars
- Participation in quality assurance, research and audit activities
- Participate in afterhours on-call Neurointerventional Roster
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Vocationally registered in D&I Radiology a with the Medical Council of New Zealand (MCNZ)
- FRANZCR or equivalent qualification and be able to register for vocational registration with the MCNZ
- Fellowship or extensive experience in performing Neurointerventional Radiology
- Ideal candidate would also have experience in Neurodiagnostic imaging, including advanced techniques such as spectroscopy, DTI and functional imaging
ABOUT OUR ORGANISATION
Here at the 2DHBs (Capital & Coast District Health Board and Hutt Valley District Health Boards) we embrace diversity and welcome applications from all people, including all gender identities, ages, ethnicities, sexual orientations, disability and religions. A workforce that is diverse and inclusive means that we are better positioned to understand and serve our community.
The 2DHBs are pro-equity health organisation, with a particular focus on Māori, Pacific Peoples, and the Disability Community.
To find out more about us click on the following links:
HOW TO APPLY
Click the apply now button to send your application directly to us. For further information on this role please email email@example.com and indicate the job title and vacancy number in the subject line.
2DHB requires ALL its employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19. To comply with the recent health order, applicants must have had their first dose of the COVID-19 vaccine by 15th November 2021 AND their second dose no later than 1 January 2022.
We are not accepting applications that do not meet this criteria.
Please note we will be reviewing applications when received and will progress through the recruitment process
Ma tini, ma mano, ka rapa te whai
By joining together we will succeed
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Capital & Coast District Health Board (Wellington)|
|Position type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.