Customer Service Officers at Inland Revenue Department, Wellington
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
We have an opportunity for excellent Customer Service Officers to join Inland Revenue on a permanent basis. As a customer-centric organisation, Inland Revenue has the goal to give customers the best possible experience and to ensure they are delivering the right advice and information at the right time.
Inland Revenue is an essential part of the fabric of New Zealand who collects most of the revenue that our government needs to fund and administer the significant social and economic policy programmes that provide support and care for the people of this country.
- Multiple Locations
- Permanent on-going essential role
- Different shift patterns available to suit all lifestyles
- Career progression and development encouraged
- Supportive and inclusive team environment
- Excellent and well-mapped out training programme
- Secure your new role for the new year with a March 2022 start
The role of a customer service officer is a busy one and each day you will play a critical role in delivering timely, accurate and professional service to Inland Revenue customers. We're looking for talented people that are passionate about the service they provide, who crave constant learning and are committed to what they do. You will connect with customers via a range of channels including inbound and outbound calls and e-mail.
In return for your hard work, you will be rewarded with a supportive work environment, excellent structured training with great opportunities for career development and progression. This is a great opportunity that allows you to play a real part within a trusted, reliable, secure, and essential Government organisation that values their people and provides a service to all New Zealanders.
There are two shift hours available:
Standard working hours of up to 7-hour 35-minutes a day.
Hours of Work: The standard working hours for this position is 7-hour 35-minute each day (37 hours 55 minutes per week). The hours each day are worked within an agreed nine-hour band. This agreed nine-hour band can be any time between 7.25am and 8.30pm Monday to Friday, and is generally 8am to 5pm.
We operate a rotating shift roster within the standard hours of work detailed below. These are the Contact Centre hours of work provisions in our employment agreements. You must be available to work within these hours.
- Up to 7-hours 35-minutes per day (75 hours 50 minutes per fortnight) to be worked between 7.25am and 8.30pm Monday to Friday and between 8.00am and 5.00pm on Saturday. You will work no more than four Saturdays in a 16-week period.
What do you need to bring to the role:
- Great communication skills, both verbal and written - you will need to understand our customers circumstances, reach an agreement, and record the outcome of your conversation so that if they call back, the next Customer Service Officer can continue that conversation.
- Curious thinker and a problem solver - thinking through options and approaches that are customer centric and result in a good result for both the customer and IR.
- Resilience - this is a busy role, some customer queries can be challenging so you need to demonstrate patience, good judgment, and a positive outcomes approach.
- Digitally savvy - we have multiple systems, platforms, and tools within Inland Revenue so you need to feel comfortable and confident working with technology (we will teach our unique tools)
- Comfortable with numbers - you don't need to be accountant or numbers guru, but you do need to feel comfortable calculating options for our customers when communicating a plan
- Customer centric - having a customer service background (and this comes in all shapes and forms) demonstrates you are comfortable and confident working with and for customers
This is a great opportunity to get your foot in the door and kick start your government career. If you would like more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the position title in the subject. We will be reviewing and shortlisting throughout advertising given the high-volume of applications for these roles.
Applicants must hold the rights to live and work in New Zealand.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Inland Revenue Department|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.