Support Worker - Life Life Disability Support (N21-894) at Nelson Marlborough Health (Nelson/Blenheim), Nelson Community
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Support people with a disability to increase their independence, enjoyment and quality of life
- Provide support to people with a disability with respect, courtesy and dignity
- Ensure quality of life outcomes
- Earn $21.50 to $27.00 an hour
- Gain qualifications while you earn
Ā mātou rōpū (About our team)
We support each person to manage their day to day lives in ways and at times that work for them. The people we support have a wide range of abilities and challenges. Some people need support with their personal care and taking care of household tasks; some need support to participate and go out-and-about and join in social and leisure activities; and some need communication and behavioural support.
N.B. Disability Support Services are part of Nelson Marlborough Health, however, we are not a medical/clinical service. We are a community based disability support service focused on quality of life Enabling Good Lives Principles.
Ngā mōhiohio e pā ana ki tēnei mahi (About this position)
We have a permanent part-time position available working an average of 70 hours a fortnight over a 6 week rotating roster cycle (0.87FTE).
Shift: 2.30PM to 10.00PM.
Roster: 4 days on, 2 days off.
Your fortnightly hours will vary as follows: FN1:60hrs, FN2: 75 hrs, FN3: 75 hrs.
Ko wai he kaitono tōtika? (Who is an appropriate applicant?)
We are looking for people from all walks of life, with a can-do attitude, who can work as part of a proactive support team. You will follow individual plans and understand the importance of consistency in assisting people to achieve a great life.
We re looking for people who have:
- A sense of humour
- Good social skills and the ability to relate well to others
- The ability to work with people who present with challenging behaviours
- Diversity to work with a range of people with differing levels of support needs
- The ability to maintain confidentiality, be tactful and sensitive in dealing with people
- Commitment to professional development
- An ability to work actively as part of a team and individually to ensure service quality
- Good English language ability (written and spoken)
- Basic maths and computing skills
- Confidence in assisting with personal cares
- Energy and enthusiasm
- A current full driver s licence (confident driving both automatic and manual vehicles)
- NZ Certificate in Health and Wellbeing (Level 2 to 4) or equivalent is preferred
Your hourly rate will be $21.50 to $27.00 dependent upon your qualifications as recognised under the Care and Support Workers (Pay Equity) Settlement Act 2017.
This position is classified by Immigration as ANZSCO 423111 and applicants for this position must be NZ or Australian Citizens, or have NZ Permanent Residency, or a valid NZ work visa.
Appointment and ongoing employment will be conditional upon criminal record/police checks - you must declare any convictions and/or pending charges on your application form.
For the health and safety of both staff and the people we support, and in line with the Health Order, all NMH staff are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19.
Me pēhea ahau e tono ai? (How do I apply?)
For general enquiries please contact our recruitment team on 03 546 1274.
For role related enquiries please contact Team Leader Brent.Woolf@nmdhb.govt.nz
Keen to apply now, it s easy. Please complete our online application form.
Applications close: Thursday 20th January (unless filled prior). Application will be progresses as received, so we encourage you to apply early.
Nelson Marlborough Health strongly endorses Te Tiriti o Waitangi.
We believe that to achieve equity in health outcomes for Māori we need a workforce reflective of the population it serves. We strongly encourage applications from candidates who identify as Māori and we recruit for cultural competence.
He waka eke noa. We are all in this together.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Nelson Marlborough Health (Nelson/Blenheim)|
|Position type:||Permanent Part time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.