Associate Charge Midwife Manager - birthing suite at Waikato District Health Board (Hamilton), Waikato
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Where you’ll be working: Waikato Hospital
The details: Permanent part-time, 64 hours per fortnight (0.8 FTE), rostered 8 hour shifts
An exciting opportunity has arisen within the Women’s Health leadership team at the Waikato DHB. This position has been created to provide 24/7 support and leadership within the Women’s Health structure.
About the service:
Waikato Hospital is a tertiary facility where we have over three and a half thousand births per year. As well as caring for women in the Waikato, we are also the tertiary hospital for the Midland region for women requiring complex care.
Responsibilities of the role:
• Supportive role to the Charge Midwife Manager
• Provision of clinical leadership for staff, daily clinical coordination and midwifery expertise enabling a safe practice environment
• Co-ordination of birthing suite
• Organisational management and leadership accountabilities
• Manage resource allocation
• Risk manage clinical issues
• Provide the key interface for liaison with LMCs
• Be the single point of contact for all transfers in
• Escalate issues as required and ensure workflow processes maximise clinical safety.
Required skills & experience:
• Have a current New Zealand midwifery annual practicing certificate
• A minimum of four years post graduate midwifery experience
• Proven leadership skills with highly developed interpersonal skills
• The ability to prioritise workload
• Demonstrated significant clinical experience in the secondary/tertiary maternity setting
• Achieved or working towards the leadership domain on QLP
• Have or be working towards a post-graduate midwifery qualification
• Able to work across all shifts to meet the needs of the role
• Are innovative and confident with technology and computer applications
• Excellent communication and negotiation skills
• Positive role model.
Please click here to view the position description.
The Waikato District Health Board Health & Safety has a policy that includes ensuring that you comply with the Health Order announced 11 October 2021 and with the Waikato DHB’s Vaccine Preventable Diseases for Employees policy. The policy prescribes the required vaccinations including COVID19 for all employees of Waikato DHB. COVID-19 vaccinations are mandatory before you commence employment.
We are a values based and inclusive organisation that is committed to deliver the best health outcomes for our total population. To do this we are working hard to develop a robust and capable workforce that reflects the population we serve. We strongly encourage applicants from all backgrounds with the necessary capability and who share our values to apply and would greatly value seeing more applicants from our Māori communities.
• An orientation programme
• Ongoing mentoring and support
• Management and leadership educational opportunities
• The opportunity to further develop this role.
Please apply directly online, applications are not able to be accepted via email.
If you require further information or would like to discuss this role - please contact Celeste Pon, Charge Midwife Manager – delivery suite on (07) 839 8899.
Application closing date: 20 January 2022
Theme “People at Heart” – Te iwi Ngakaunui
• Give and earn respect - Whakamana
• Listen to me; talk to me – Whakarongo
• Fair play – Mauri Pai
• Growing the good – Whakapakari
• Stronger together – Kotahitanga
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Waikato District Health Board (Hamilton)|
|Position type:||Permanent Part time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.