Complex Dementia CMH Nurse - Mental Health Services for Older People at Taranaki District Health Board (New Plymouth/Hawera), Taranaki
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Taranaki Base Hospital, New Plymouth
0.5 FTE (40 hours per fortnight) Community Mental Health Nurse
0.5 FTE (40 hours per fortnight) Complex Dementia CMH Nurse
We are currently looking for suitably qualified Registered Nurses (or one Nurse undertaking both functions) with experience in older person's mental health to join our well-established Mental Health Services for Older People Team.
- The 0.5 FTE Complex Dementia CMH Nurse provides specialist nursing assessment, formulation, treatment and support to those who have been diagnosed with complex BPSD. This involves working with staff individually and in groups across all aged care facilities in Taranaki and in other community settings in order to foster a person-centred approach utilizing up to date evidence based clinical guidelines.
- The 0.5 FTE Community MH Nurse provides nursing and keyworker functions for MHSOP whai ora in residing in South Taranaki.
Networking with Primary health, Aged Care providers and NGO providers to achieve coordinated, optimum outcomes for service users is an integral part of these roles, as is strong Multidisciplinary collaboration.
Successful candidates will have:
- Recent Older Persons' Mental Health experience preferably in a community setting
- Excellent written, verbal and non-verbal communication skills
- Expertise in Mental State examination and Risk assessment
- Ability, skills and knowledge to implement appropriate nursing interventions
- Ability to work autonomously to manage a caseload, support other team members and respond to routine and crisis situations
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills
Click here to view the Community Mental Health Nurse job descriptions.
Click here to view the Complex Dementia CMH Nurse job descriptions.
In Taranaki, it is easy to achieve an enviable lifestyle without having to compromise your career path. The region’s amazing mountain, rivers, lakes, fantastic coastline and outstanding surfing and tramping opportunities, masses of parks and gardens, as well as a major events calendar, make it a great place to live and work. This is a great opportunity if you have been thinking of returning home to Taranaki. For information about living and working in Taranaki click on this link Home » Taranaki, New Zealand.
The Taranaki District Health Board is a large organisation (2,200 employees) operating in the exciting, changing Health sector.\
Please "Apply Online" from within this page.
For further information please contact Michelle Faulkner, Team Leader - MHSOP on 06 753 6139 ext 8996 or email email@example.com
Applications close 31st January 2022.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Taranaki District Health Board (New Plymouth/Hawera)|
|Position type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.