Advisor, Communications at Te Rākau Whakamarumaru | National Emergency Management Agency, Wellington
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Do you have a passion for communications?
- Want to work in a team that values diversity, career development and work / life balance?
- Are you interested in helping communities become more resilient to emergencies?
We are seeking a strong and versatile communicator to join our team. If you're interested in helping Aotearoa be more resilient to emergencies, and you enjoy sinking your teeth into interesting and often complex issues, then this role is for you.
Ko wai mātou | About us
The National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA) provides national leadership to New Zealand's distributed emergency management system. NEMA's primary focus is on the performance and capability of the emergency management system as a whole, across all hazards and all risks and the 4 Rs of risk reduction, readiness, response and recovery. We are going through an exciting phase of growth and there will be more opportunities with NEMA over the coming months.
NEMA values diversity and inclusion. We want our workforce to reflect the diversity of our communities. We value and respect the contributions of our people with diverse backgrounds, experiences, skills and perspectives. We support flexible ways of working that bring out the best in you.
NEMA recognises the continuing partnership Te Tiriti o Waitangi between Māori and the Crown. We are committed to doing our part to deliver on the Crown's commitments to Māori under Te Tiriti. We strive to actively build te Ao Māori perspectives and capability into our day to day work, values and practices.
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
The Communications team / Te Rōpū Tuku Kōrero manages NEMA's public education programme and digital channels, leads public information management during a national response, champions and enables accessible emergency information, and provides communications support and advice to internal and external stakeholders.
The role of the Communications Advisor is to provide communications advice and support to enable the delivery of NEMA's work programme. will have a strong focus on providing advice and support to teams across the organisation, collaborating with partners across the emergency management system, and supporting NEMA's external communications activity.
As NEMA regularly responds to emergencies, there will be a requirement to assist in the response to and recovery from a national, regional or local emergency.
DPMC and NEMA have adopted a Vaccination Policy which requires all candidates to have a Covid-19 Vaccination Certificate, otherwise known as a My Vaccine Pass (CVC) in order to commence employment.
Ko wai koe | About you
We are looking for someone with the following attributes:
- The ability to see through an audience's lens.
- Proactive problem solving skills and innovative behaviour.
- A strong risk radar.
- A knack for building warm and productive relationships
- Discerning judgement and flexibility in the face of complexity/ambiguity/uncertainly and while under pressure.
- Able to influence without authority and complete work effectively and on time.
- Willingness to grow Māori capability and cultural confidence.
- Ability to collaborate and build relationships by working co-operatively, positively and effectively with and for colleagues, other agencies, suppliers and stakeholders, to achieve outcomes in a public service environment.
Huanga Whaiaro | Key requirements
- A relevant tertiary qualification or equivalent body of knowledge
- Knowledge of marketing principles and their application in a non-profit environment.
- Experience maintaining websites and social media channels
- Understanding of communication techniques
- Experience in building and maintaining effective collaborative relationships.
- A strong understanding and proficiency in developing, maintaining and improving communications channels
Ta matou e tuku | What we offer
We pride ourselves on the quality of our staff and understand the importance of fostering a working environment where excellence is recognised and where staff are encouraged to develop their own talents and potential. We welcome diversity, in all its forms and we believe it is a strength.
The salary range for this role is $78,069 - $91,846K including Kiwisaver employer contribution.
Whakaritenga Haumaru | Security Requirements
Due to the security requirements of this role, applicants must be a New Zealand citizen or New Zealand Permanent Resident.
Me pehea te tono | How to apply
Please select 'Apply' to download a position description or apply. If you have any questions, please email email@example.com
Applications close on Monday 24 January 2022.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Te Rākau Whakamarumaru | National Emergency Management Agency|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Category:||Communications, media, & marketing|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
|File links:||NEMA - JD - Communications Advisor (Dec 2021).pdf|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.