Social Worker - CPASS at Waikato District Health Board (Hamilton), Waikato
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Where you’ll be working: Waikato Hospital, Allied Health – Cancer Psychological & Social Support Service
The details: Permanent – 16 hours per week (0.4 FTE) with the opportunity to work an extra 16 hours per week
About the service:
The CPSSS is a national initiative that sits within the Faster Cancer Treatment programme. The CPSSS is targeted towards patients and whānau with complex psychological and social issues associated with cancer, with a focus on health equity for Māori, people with socio-economic disadvantage, remote and rural populations and people with co-existing physical, social or mental health issues. The patients are adults from the age of 16 years.
About the role:
An opportunity has arisen for an experienced social worker to join the Cancer Psychological & Social Support Service (CPSSS).
You will need to have
• Social work registration with the NZ Social Work Registration Board
• A full NZ driver’s license and the ability to travel
• At least 3 years’ experience with health and disability, mental health, cancer and/or hospital experience
• Excellent assessment and intervention skills
• Self-motivated and able to work independently
• Work effectively within a team
• Ability to work effectively with Māori whanau and apply the Treaty of Waitangi principles to practice. Able to establish relationships with local iwi and Māori interest groups
• Experience working within interdisciplinary teams, experience within cancer teams in medical settings with individuals and families under extreme stress would be preferential
The Waikato District Health Board Health & Safety has a policy that includes ensuring that you comply with the Health Order announced 11 October 2021 and with the Waikato DHB’s Vaccine Preventable Diseases for Employees policy. The policy prescribes the required vaccinations including COVID19 for all employees of Waikato DHB. COVID-19 vaccinations are mandatory before you commence employment.
The Waikato District Health Board (DHB) is one of the largest of 20 DHBs in New Zealand. We are a values based and inclusive organisation that is committed to delivering the best health outcomes for our total population. To do this we are working hard to develop a robust and capable workforce that reflects the population we service. We strongly encourage applicants from all backgrounds with the necessary capability and who share our values, to apply and would greatly value seeing more applicants from our Māori communities.
Please apply directly online, and click here to review the position description. Applications are not able to be accepted via email. For any queries about the role please contact Elysia Koretz in the Recruitment team on firstname.lastname@example.org
Application closing date: 7 July 2022
Theme “People at Heart” – Te iwi Ngakaunui
• Give and earn respect - Whakamana
• Listen to me; talk to me – Whakarongo
• Fair play – Mauri Pai
• Growing the good – Whakapakari
• Stronger together – Kotahitanga
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Waikato District Health Board (Hamilton)|
|Position type:||Permanent Part time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.