Occupational Therapist - Housing Outreach at Waikato District Health Board (Hamilton), Waikato
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Where you’ll be working: Henry Rongomau Bennett Centre
The details: Permanent – 80 hours per fortnight
Do you want to go to work every day and make a difference – then do we have a deal for you …
We have vacancies for an experienced and talented Occupational Therapists in our dynamic Housing Outreach Team.
This newly formed multi-disciplinary team works intensively with a small caseload of tangata whaiora who are discharged from Henry Rongomau Bennett Centre to Emergency Housing accommodation. We work collaboratively with NGO partners to support tangata whaiora into sustainable housing, improving their health and well-being and that of their whanau.
If you are a registered clinician, with a passion for working in the community mental health sector, excited by working in a new community mental health team with small caseloads, this could be your perfect opportunity.
What do you need;
• Experience of community MH and/or AoD practice
• Interest in Te Ao Māori and Tikanga practice and partnership approach
• Solution based, person centred, strength based approach
• Team player
• Excellent communication and Networking skills
• Knowledge of Housing First type philosophy
• Strong risk assessment skill.
• Experience in community MH crisis work
• Excellent organisational and documentation skills
• Willingness to engage in practical tasks and get your hands dirty
• Current annual practicing certificate
The Waikato District Health Board Health & Safety has a policy that includes ensuring that you comply with the Health Order announced 11 October 2021 and with the Waikato DHB’s Vaccine Preventable Diseases for Employees policy. The policy prescribes the required vaccinations including COVID19 for all employees of Waikato DHB. COVID-19 vaccinations are mandatory before you commence employment.
To view the position description click here.
The Waikato District Health Board (DHB) is one of the largest of 20 DHBs in New Zealand. We are a values based and inclusive organisation that is committed to deliver the best health outcomes for our total population. To do this we are working hard to develop a robust and capable workforce that reflects the population we serve. We strongly encourage applicants from all backgrounds with the necessary capability and who share our values to apply and would greatly value seeing more applicants from our Māori communities.
Please apply directly online, applications are not able to be accepted via email. For any queries about the role please contact Robyn.Payne@waikatodhb.health.nz
Application closing date: Open until filled
Theme “People at Heart” – Te iwi Ngakaunui
• Give and earn respect - Whakamana
• Listen to me; talk to me – Whakarongo
• Fair play – Mauri Pai
• Growing the good – Whakapakari
• Stronger together – Kotahitanga
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Waikato District Health Board (Hamilton)|
|Position type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.