Information Analyst - Quality at West Coast District Health Board (Greymouth/Westport), Greymouth
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Join the West Coast DHB - Information Services Group
- Do you want to make a difference to the health of our community?
- Permanent Full Time Role
Our Purpose: Why we do it
When you work with the West Coast District Health Board, you re part of something very special. We plan, fund and deliver health services to the 30,000 people that live in the West Coast region. Our primary goal is to put people at the heart of everything we do.
The Team: What we do
Our Information Services Group (ISG) works hard to support our West Coast Health System by providing digital solutions that enable improved health outcomes. There is also an exciting opportunity is to leverage this system within our brand-new hospital, Te Nikau which is an Integrated Family Health Centre with onsite General Practise. This role will be supporting the shift to this new platform and a more digital way of working.
The Role: Where you fit in
In this role, you will be responsible for working with the team to provide support across all Information and Communication Technology [ICT] solutions, whilst maintaining the development and delivery of the ISG work plan. You will so be responsible for providing analytical and reporting assistance to management and clinical staff throughout the DHB with a quality lens.
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Support the health of the West Coast community by utilising a cohesive and collaborative approach to quality initiatives
- Supporting ISG initiatives through the use of data and analysis
- Reducing health disparities by improving health outcomes for Maori, through reporting and data analysis
- Identify the actual and perceived health and disability needs of consumers
- Support the Patient Quality and Safety Service, through data acquisition and analysis
- Managing assigned applications to ensure high quality, consistent and effective service
- Implementing service improvement plans where required
- Developing and maintaining administration procedures, knowledge articles and documentation
- Responding to escalated enquiries from customers
- Liaising with vendors to ensure service performance and receipt of timely information about changes that may impact on our service delivery
- Liaising with customers to assist them with optimising the use of application software
- Accurate reports, dashboards are developed collaboratively with business for analytical and operational purposes
- Timely submission and correction of national extracts whilst ensuring accuracy
- Maintain competency in relevant business intelligence tools
- Maintain a high level of understanding of data sources including their uses and limitations
- Continually improve data quality through the use of ongoing staff education/materials and feedback
To be effective and succeed in this role it is expected the person will have the following capabilities:
- Minimum of 5 years post-graduation experience in a related role
- Experience in systems evaluation, design and implementation
- Experience in task management and co-ordination of activities within a project environment
- Project experience with agile or Kanban methodologies
- Experience working in a large organisation
- Competency in Business Intelligence tools
- Ability to write and collate documents
Our Culture: What matters to us
Ko ngā tāngata, te mātua mahi
Putting people at the heart of all we do
Health is ultimately all about people. What s important around here is the way we care for and respect others, the responsibility taken for delivering outcomes, and going about our work with integrity.
Belonging Here: Becoming part of our story
Being part of the West Coast District Health Board, you will enjoy a fantastic benefits scheme, the opportunity for flexible working arrangements and ongoing focus on your career development.
The West Coast DHB believes that diversity and inclusion is key to ensure we deliver the best care for our diverse population. The West Coast DHB is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer that welcomes and respects everyone.
If this role has sparked your interest but does not match your skills then please visit our careers website and have a look at our roles that better suit your expertise.
If you are interested in this role please apply directly on our career site here. Please note only applications submitted via our career site will be accepted.
Contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information.
The role that you are applying for is one that may only be performed by
a person who has been vaccinated against Covid-19. It is therefore a condition of this
application that you are vaccinated against Covid-19. As a person working in
the health and disability sector you will come into contact with a large number
of people, some of whom may be vulnerable.
Without a vaccine, there is the risk that you may contract
Covid-19. The requirement to be
vaccinated is to keep you safe and also to endeavour to protect others against
the potential transmission of Covid-19 as a result of you contracting it in the
course of your employment.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||West Coast District Health Board (Greymouth/Westport)|
|Position type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.