Aviation Security Officer at Civil Aviation Authority of NZ, Wellington
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
The Civil Aviation Authority and the Aviation Security Service offer distinctively different career opportunities and embrace diverse talent. All jobs at the Authority contribute to ensuring safe and secure skies to help New Zealand fly.
The Civil Aviation Authority is the regulatory arm of our organisation and the Aviation Security Service is the nationwide provider for aviation security.
Aviation Security Officer
People are at the heart of everything we do. Join us to contribute to safe and secure skies to help New Zealand fly. Recruiting now for March/April start dates at Wellington airport!
There is a good chance we've already met if you travel by air. The Aviation Security Service (AvSec) is the Government provider of aviation security in New Zealand, operating at our five major airports: Auckland, Wellington, Christchurch, Queenstown, and Dunedin. Aviation security in New Zealand and around the world is changing rapidly.
Our team is growing and the way we do our job is evolving. Our Aviation Security Officers are supported by a range of other team members - from Intelligence Analysts to IT and HR professionals, and business leaders. Ultimately our goal is to ensure the flying public are safe.
- We are responsible for departure screening of domestic and international passengers, luggage, cargo, staff, goods and services.
- We carry out perimeter patrols at all security designated airports and intercept people who are unlawfully within in security areas.
- We screen airport workers with access to, and within, security enhanced areas at airports.
- We manage and issue Airport Identity Cards.
- We provide escort services to vehicles (eg police cars, ambulances) needing to drive in restricted areas of airports.
Benefits of this role:
- Starting Salary of $62k per annum (pro-rata'd) - approx $29/hour
- Beat the crowds with 6 days on, 3 day off work roster, 6hrs minimum per shift
- Excellent training and benefits
- 39 Leave days per annum
- Health and Wellness benefits
We provide free parking, uniform, shoes, and other benefits
Please apply if you want an exciting and rewarding aviation career and you meet the following pre-requisites:
- Must be willing to have regular Covid-19 tests and the vaccination for your own health; and the health, safety and wellbeing of colleagues, friends, family and the wider community.
- Must be able to a work shift pattern of 6 days on and 3 days off.
- Must be a New Zealand citizen or resident.
- Must have a full clean New Zealand driver's licence.
- Must be medically and physically fit and willing to undertake a medical assessment by a licensed practitioner.
- Must be willing to undertake full Police/Ministry of Justice vetting checks with no criminal convictions.
Successful candidates will be required to work a minimum of 6 hours for each day of their six-day shift cycle. As the hours for this role are determined by the operational demands such as flight schedules at each station, start times across the six-day shift cycle will vary.
Successful candidates will be required to undertake a paid 4-week training course, working 8.5 hours a day upon starting their role.
Due to the requirements of the role, you are required to meet our colour vision standards therefore, individuals with colour vision deficiencies are not able to be considered.
If you have applied for this role with us in the last 12 months, we ask you not to apply again unless your ability to meet the requirements of the role have significantly changed in that timeframe.
For more information about the key tasks of the role and skills and experience required, check out the job description here.
The Authority embraces diversity and is committed to an inclusive and respectful workplace where everyone is valued for their unique contribution.
Applications close at 11.59pm on Monday 24 January 2022.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Civil Aviation Authority of NZ|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Category:||Defence, corrections & security|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.