Senior Solicitor Litigation at Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children, Manawatu - Wanganui
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Senior Solicitor Litigation - Full Time, Permanent - Palmerston North
Vacancies available in Napier/ Hawkes Bay and Palmerston North/ Manawatu
Mō te tūnga | About the role
In this fast-paced, exciting role you will provide high quality legal advice and advocacy services to social workers and other staff. Your work will involve significant courtroom time conducting litigation on behalf of Oranga Tamariki, with a focus on ensuring good outcomes for tamariki and their whānau.
The work expands beyond the courtroom - advising and working collaboratively within the organisation as well as external stakeholders and outside Counsel. This is a role where your relationships in the community will enable you to work collectively to make a positive difference for our tamariki.
Mō mātou | About us
Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children has a commitment to putting tamariki and rangatahi at the heart of what we do. In our work, we aim to demonstrate these values:
- We put Tamariki first
- We believe Aroha is vital
- We respect the Mana of people
- We are Tika and Pono
- We value Whakapapa
- We recognise that Oranga is a journey
Our purpose is to ensure that all tamariki are in loving whānau and communities where oranga tamariki can be realised. We believe that by getting involved early in their lives and showing love and care, we give children the best chance of growing into happy thriving New Zealanders.
Ngā pūmanawatanga ōu | What you will bring
- You will have been admitted as a Barrister and Solicitor in New Zealand and have (or be eligible for) a practicing certificate
- You are driven by a desire to ensure all tamariki are in loving whānau and communities
- You are committed to helping us honour our treaty commitments to Māori to improve long-term outcomes
- You thrive in a job where no day is the same but each day your mahi matters
- You are committed to continuing your own Te Ao Māori development and cultural competence
- You have a sound understanding of family law and the ability to work in criminal (youth justice) law
- You have excellent communication, digital and written skills
- You are tika and pono, a person who is honest, transparent and keeps your word.
- You are a team player and enjoy collaborating with others
Nōu te rourou | What's in it for you
Annual remuneration for this position is between $99,315.90 and $110,351 dependent on experience, with tenure-based progression steps available above this range. We offer a vibrant and supportive team, flexible work options and a genuine commitment to wellbeing. We offer significant training and professional development so that you can thrive and grow.
This is an opportunity for your governance talent and expertise to make a real difference for tamariki and rangatahi in Aotearoa.
Our generous benefits include: https://mahi.orangatamariki.govt.nz/working-with-us/employee-benefits/
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to Apply
Apply online with your CV and Cover Letter. If you are an Oranga Tamariki employee already, please ensure you register or login using your work email address.
For reporting and transparency, it is important that all applications are submitted through our careers site, please do not email through applications and/or CVs.
If you have any questions about the role, please contact Sravani.email@example.com
Applications close: 24 January 2022
Oranga Tamariki is committed to developing a diverse workforce and an inclusive workplace. We provide equal employment opportunities and welcome applications from everyone who can meet the requirements of the role. We also support flexible working arrangements.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children|
|Location:||Manawatu - Wanganui|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Category:||Legal & courts|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
|File links:||Senior Solicitor National Office - Position Description.pdf|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.