Design Analyst - Testing Coordination at Statistics NZ, Canterbury
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Mō mātou | About Us
As New Zealand's national statistics office, Tatauranga Aotearoa Stats NZ is uniquely positioned to support the decisions that the Government, Māori and Iwi organisations, businesses, NGO's and New Zealanders make every day. Our structure, culture and systems are designed with collaboration and customers in mind - mobilised and working together to realise our ambition: About Aotearoa, for Aotearoa - data that improves lives today and for generations to come.
Mō te tūnga | The role
The Operational Readiness & Support team works with everyone across the Census Programme to coordinate testing and operational readiness across the programme and provides support to the programme during the operational period.
This role is fixed term until 30th June 2023, reporting to the Manager - System Integration and Operational Readiness.
You'll be working to coordinate testing and build strong relationships across the 2023 Census programme. The role will see you working with other teams to implement user acceptance testing (UAT) and provide assurance to the programme that the systems will be operationally ready for 2023 Census. You will also have opportunities to work on other areas of operational readiness including contingency planning.
You will be a technically minded, adaptable learner, who is able to foster strong relationships with internal teams to effectively coordinate and facilitate the testing that is required.
You will have an opportunity to make a real difference in how we do things at Stats NZ for the 2023 Census programme.
Starting salary: $76,571 - $90,084 negotiable
Mōu | About you
- Experience in a role with a coordination or testing focus would be desirable
- An open and fresh approach, inclusive and collaborative style
- The ability to build and maintain strong working relationships with internal teams
- The ability to understand technical solutions quickly and coherently
- Experience resolving conceptually and technically challenging problems
- Experience in management and mitigation of risks would be advantageous
- The ability to join dots and see gaps
- A positive 'can do' attitude and eagerness to work as part of a team.
- Knowledge/familiarity or a commitment to learn/understand Te Ao Maori to understand and contribute meaningful work and outcomes for Māori communities
You'll be joining an inclusive environment where people, regardless of gender, race, disability, religion or background are supported to be able to do their best work. This includes:
- Exciting and meaningful work that makes a difference to Aotearoa
- Opportunity to develop and grow your career
- Flexible by default, balance life and work commitments
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to apply
If the above matches your skills and experience, don't delay, click apply now.
Any questions that haven't been answered in this advert or the position description or if you have difficulty with your application please email email@example.com.
We will be screening applications as we receive them in order to move swiftly to interview shortly after the advert closes on Friday 28th January but may be removed earlier. You may be asked to complete pre-interview screen.
Check out our careers site to find out more about Tatauranga Aotearoa Stats NZ.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: unsolicited CVs will not be accepted, see our careers site for our process.
You must have the right to live and work in Aotearoa New Zealand to apply for this job.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Position type:||Fixed Term Contract|
|Category:||IT & computing|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
|File links:||position Description_Design Analyst Testing_Jan22.pdf|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.