Senior Advisor | RSLG at Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment, Auckland - Auckland;Auckland - Auckland and Hamilton;Bay of Plenty
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Discover a career with purpose at MBIE
Salary Range $101,940 - $132,417
- Are you passionate about regional workforce and skills development that delivers better outcomes for people, Iwi/Māori, communities, and businesses?
- Can you take the lead and manage projects to deliver innovative, practical and actionable insights and options, which meet the needs of regional audiences?
- Do you want to join a highly collaborative team that is focussed on supporting regional leadership and voice to meet current and future workforce and skills needs?
About the role:
This is a permanent Senior Advisor role in MBIE's Employment, Skills and Immigration Policy Branch, providing secretariat support and policy advice to multi-stakeholder Regional Skills Leadership Groups (RSLGs). The Government established RSLGs in mid-2021, to identify and support better ways of meeting future skills and workforce needs in our regions and cities.
The northern RSLG team provides support to the Tāmaki Makaurau and Tai Tokerau, Waikato, and Bay of Plenty groups. You will be part of a team based at locations across the Upper North Island that includes Principals, Advisors and Regional Leads.
The team is responsible for the effective functioning of the Tai Tokerau, Tāmaki Makaurau, Waikato and Bay of Plenty regional skills leadership groups, so that they can lead a shared regional view of labour market needs & priorities, set out in a regional workforce plan.
We are looking for someone who can bring meaning to complex data and insights, so that we can support the northern RSLGs to cut through the noise, communicate with stakeholders, and agree strategic regional action. You’ll bring workforce and skills expertise, and you be keen to lead and manage projects that support the RSLGs to deliver their regional workforce plans.
Are you someone who:
- Brings workforce and skills development expertise, and wants to focus on developing regional workforce, skills, and labour markets, for the future?
- Has a commitment to Te Tiriti, and Te Ao Māori?
- Can wrangle diverse datasets and information, to deliver clear and succinct written insights and options that are tailored to senior audiences?
- Plans and manages work, leads project teams, and develops and maintains relationships with colleagues and stakeholders, regionally and nationally?
- Would enjoy working online with a collaborative, and geographically distributed, team that will value your expertise and coaching?
- Wants to be part of an experienced team in an organisation that will invest in your development?
MBIE supports a wide range of flexible working arrangements. Talk to us about what might work for both you and us.
Skills and experience required:
- Workforce and skills development expertise, with an understanding of both demand and supply-side perspectives and opportunities
- Knowledge of regional labour market systems, including key business/employer and government levers
- Experience supporting senior audiences with insights and recommendations
- A commitment to Te Tiriti, and Te Ao Māori
- Ability to build internal and external stakeholder networks
- Must have legal right to live and work in NZ
MBIE's goal is to create a resilient and high-performing economy that delivers real and ongoing quality of life for all New Zealanders.
We do this by working with others to create an environment that supports businesses to be more productive and internationally competitive, enables all New Zealanders to participate in the economy through improved job opportunities and by working to ensure quality housing is more affordable.
People are at the heart of our mahi, our way of working is guided by our values which shape our behaviours.
- Mahi Tahi – Better Together
- Maia – Bold and brave
- Pae Kahurangi – Build our Future
- Pono Me Te Tika – Own It
Our aspirations are echoed in our Māori identity – Hīkina Whakatutuki – which broadly means ‘lifting to make successful'.
MBIE recognises the partnership founded under Te Tiriti o Waitangi between Māori and the Crown and is committed to giving effect to Te Tiriti o Waitangi. We will do this through enduring, meaningful and effective partnerships with iwi, Māori, other Māori groups/organisations and the Crown, as this is critical to enable economic and social development, both for Māori and for wider Aotearoa New Zealand. We are committed to continuing to partner with iwi in order to find new sustainable solutions to address long standing systemic and cross-cutting issues facing Māori and wider Aotearoa New Zealand and we are also committed to identifying opportunities for iwi to lead and creating an enabling environment for iwi to leverage these opportunities.
E mōhio ana a Hīkina Whakatutuki i puea ake te kōtuinga iwaenganui i a ngāi Māori me te Karauna i Te Tiriti o Waitangi, ā, kei te whai ia ki te whakaū ake i Te Tiriti o Waitangi. Mā te whai kiko o ngā kōtuinga ahungaroa o ngāiwi, o ngāi Māori, me ētahi atu rōpū Māori ki te Karauna, katutuki tēnei. He āhuatanga nui tēnei e āhei ai ngā mahi whanaketanga ā-ohanga, ā-pāpori hoki ki a ngāi Māori me Aotearoa whānui. E whai tonu ana mātou ki te kōtui atu ki ngā iwi mō te rapu huarahi hou ki te whakaara i ngā kaupapakua roa nei e tāmi ana i a ngāi Māori me Aotearoa whānui, ā, e whai ana hoki ki te tautohu i ngā āheinga kōkiritanga māngā iwi, me te tautoko i ngā iwi kia whai mana ake ai ēneiāheinga.
How to apply:
Click here to view a position description. All applications must be submitted via our online process. Email firstname.lastname@example.org quoting ref MBIE/2570 if you have any further questions.
Applications close on 1 February 2022
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment|
|Location:||Auckland - Auckland;Auckland - Auckland and Hamilton;Bay of Plenty|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Category:||Policy & analysis|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.