Social Worker - Youth Justice at Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children, Auckland
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Full Time, Permanent, Auckland - Papakura
Do you want direct and meaningful contact with tamariki and rangatahi, while supporting them to move beyond the criminal justice system? Join our high functioning team committed to getting the best outcomes for rangatahi and tamariki through preventative measures.
Mō mātou | About us
Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children has a commitment to putting tamariki and rangatahi at the heart of what we do. In our work, we aim to demonstrate these values:
- We put Tamariki first
- We believe Aroha is vital
- We respect the Mana of people
- We are Tika and Pono
- We value Whakapapa
- We recognise that Oranga is a journey
Our purpose is to ensure that all tamariki are in loving whānau and communities where oranga tamariki can be realised. We believe that by getting involved early in their lives and showing love and care, we give children the best chance of growing into happy thriving New Zealanders.
Ngā pūmanawatanga ōu | What you will bring
- A passion for Youth Justice
- A Social Work Qualification with Full Registration and current Annual Practising Certificate with the New Zealand Social Worker Registration Board
- Excellent relationship building skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills (you will need to provide professional written and verbal feedback to the courts)
- A commitment to bi-cultural practice and a culturally responsive approach (including a good understanding of Tikanga Māori and Te Tiriti o Waitangi)
- An understanding of the Oranga Tamariki Act and Youth Justice processes
- Proven expertise and social work practice in child protection and an understanding of New Zealand legislation that relates to the safety of children and young people
- A full, clean driver's licence
Nōu te rourou | What's in it for you
Oranga Tamariki offer an impartial remuneration package, that offers progression annually for experience through tenure. We offer a vibrant and supportive team, flexible work options and a genuine commitment to wellbeing. We offer significant training and professional development so that you can thrive and grow. We welcome diversity and are committed to working in an inclusive and respectful way. This is your opportunity to apply your skills and experience to the wellbeing of tamariki and rangatahi.
To see all the benefits of working for Oranga Tamariki, please visit https://mahi.orangatamariki.govt.nz/working-with-us/employee-benefits/
Applications close: 24 January 2022
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to Apply
Apply online with your CV and Covering Letter. If you are an Oranga Tamariki employee already, please ensure you apply with a log in using your Oranga Tamariki email address. If you have any questions about role, please contact Mirko.Tojaga@ot.govt.nz
At Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children, our highest priority is the safety and welfare of our kaimahi and the tamariki and whānau we support. We have strict health & safety measures to keep our people safe and as part of this role, you will be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, or intend to be prior to starting with us. We may also ask you to undertake COVID-19 tests during your employment.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
|File links:||Social Worker - Position Description (T1182092).pdf|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.