Kitchen Assistant at Waikato District Health Board (Hamilton), Waikato
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Where you'll be working: Waikato Hospital
The details: Part time Hospitality staff required
Looking for part time employment?
Nutrition & Food Services at Waikato hospital require permanent staff to work in our cafes and on the evening trayline for the dinner meal service to patients.
Evening Shifts are 3.5 hours per day between 4.30pm & 8.30pm five nights a week, Café shifts between 6am & 8.30pm, minimum 24 hours per week.
Great opportunity to:
• to grow your skills in the hospitality industry
• be a part of a dynamic team delivering awesome service
• to become a passionate coffee nut & barista
We would welcome your application if you:
• have excellent fitness as the work is physically demanding including standing for long periods in a hot humid environment, frequent walking, pushing & lifting
• have a high standard of personal presentation and excellent attendance record
• meet all the criteria outlined in the position description
• Food safety qualifications
• Attention to detail and numerical skills
• training in food safety
• progressive pay increases annually
• penal rates at the weekend and public holidays
• great employee benefits (discounts with many Hamilton businesses)
• NZQA qualifications (after qualifying period)
Applicants for these positions must have NZ residency.
Vacancies available from mid-January.
The Waikato District Health Board Health & Safety has a policy that includes ensuring that you comply with the Health Order announced 11 October 2021 and with the Waikato DHB’s Vaccine Preventable Diseases for Employees policy. The policy prescribes the required vaccinations including COVID19 for all employees of Waikato DHB. COVID-19 vaccinations are mandatory before you commence employment.
The Waikato District Health Board (DHB) is one of the largest of 20 DHBs in New Zealand. We plan, fund and provide health and disability support services to a population of more than 400,000. We run five hospitals across the district – a tertiary hospital in Hamilton, a secondary hospital in Thames, and three rural hospitals in Te Kuiti, Taumarunui, and Tokoroa.
Waikato Hospital in Hamilton is one of New Zealand’s largest tertiary, teaching hospitals with over 600 inpatient beds and 22 operating theatres. Clinical specialities include Women’s and Children Services, Cardiology / Cardiothoracic Surgery, Oncology and Haematology, Surgical services, and Mental Health and Addiction. Waikato Hospital is the Midland regional referral centre for multiple specialties including trauma surgery, oncology, and neurology.
We are a values based and inclusive organisation that is committed to deliver the best health outcomes for our total population. To do this we are working hard to develop a robust and capable workforce that reflects the population we serve. We strongly encourage applicants from all backgrounds with the necessary capability and who share our values to apply and would greatly value seeing more applicants from our Māori communities.
Please apply directly online, and click here to review the position description. Applications are not able to be accepted via email. For any specific queries about the role please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Application closing date: 31 January 2022
Theme “People at Heart” – Te iwi Ngakaunui
• Give and earn respect - Whakamana
• Listen to me; talk to me – Whakarongo
• Fair play – Mauri Pai
• Growing the good – Whakapakari
• Stronger together – Kotahitanga
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Waikato District Health Board (Hamilton)|
|Position type:||Permanent Part time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.