Kaiatawhai/Community Support Worker: Manawanui at Auckland District Health Board (Central Auckland), Auckland
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Kaiatawhai/Community Support Worker: Manawanui.
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a team of Kaiatawhai who work in adult Maori Mental Health community services.
Confident use of Tikanga Maori and Te Reo and experience in community mental health are preferred.
You will possess the following skills:
• Ability to work collaboratively with staff, service users, whanau, NGO’s and other service providers
• Confident in advocating for the cultural and socio-economic needs of Maori within mental health and with various community agencies
• Experience and/or understanding of how to support Maori service users and their whanau presenting with acute Mental Health issues.
• The ability to use and articulate the articles of Te Tiriti o Waitangi within your work practice and the wider service
• Able to lead, coach and teach staff and service users in Maori concepts and processes.
• Experience developing and delivering cultural programmes
• Confident in the use of Maori health models and cultural assessment
This position is based in Point Chevalier at the Manawanui site. You will work as part of the wider clinical and cultural support staff. The Manawanui team are dedicated to delivering services to Maori within a Kaupapa Maori framework.
This is a Full time role 1 FTE working 40 hours a week.
For further information please contact Jimmy Mathews (Recruitment Consultant) at firstname.lastname@example.org
For the biggest health sector job board in New Zealand, visit kiwihealthjobs.com.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Auckland District Health Board (Central Auckland)|
|Position type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.