22/005 Advisor (Strategy and Business Support) at Department of Internal Affairs, Wellington
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Hours: Full time
Business Group: Ministerial and Secretariat Services
Branch: Information and Knowledge Services
Salary: $68,060 - $92,081
Administer and contribute to official correspondence functions
Identify and make improvements to business processes and systems
Provide advice to senior leaders and wider business group
Working at the Department of Internal Affairs, you ll have the opportunity to make a real difference in the lives of New Zealanders.
We are part of the Strategy and Business Support (SBS) team that supports the General Manager and the wider Ministerial Services and Secretariat Support group by:
- contributing to the official correspondence and operation policy functions;
- coordinating input into operation policy and procedures and accountability processes;
- developing and delivering activity to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of MaSS and DIA;
- working with key stakeholders to ensure advice is well informed and risk aware.
Due to staff movement, we have now the opportunity to recruit two Advisors.
We are looking for someone who is experienced in developing processes and delivering high quality and timely responses to Official Information Act requests, Written Parliamentary Questions, Ministerial and other official correspondences, and to enable the proactive release of materials. The role will also require you to build and maintain relationships with internal and external key stakeholders, provide strategic advice to senior leaders and to support business improvement across the group with operational policy advice and process development.
The successful candidate will be knowledgeable about the technical aspects of the Official Information Act, the machinery of government and parliamentary processes. Key to the role is your ability to efficiently manage multiple priorities and delivering high quality work on time. In addition, you will have:
- great written communication skills and attention to detail
- experience in process design and improvement
- ability to communicate complex information in an easy-to-understand way
- ability to work as part of a team and also autonomously
We offer an inclusive and supportive team culture, a commitment to wellbeing, a variety of interesting and challenging work, and training and professional development for you to thrive and grow.
If you would like a stimulating, rewarding career within a team that provides key services and support to Executive Government, we would very much like to hear from you. We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusion. We recognise a diverse workforce contributes to better business outcomes. We are committed to creating a workplace where all employees have equal access.,
To learn more about the diverse, important mahi we do at Te Tari Taiwhenua and see why we're a great place to work, click here.
We work to make New Zealand better for New Zealanders through our four outcome areas:
- People can easily access the services and information they need
- Iwi, hapū and communities across New Zealand are safe, resilient and thriving
- People's sense of belonging and collective memory builds an inclusive New Zealand
- New Zealand is a well-functioning democracy across central and local government
Internal Affairs has a vaccination policy and employment with the Department is conditional on being fully vaccinated for Covid-19, holding and maintaining a valid My Vaccine Pass. Consideration will be given to whether medical or other genuine exemptions can be accommodated in individual cases.,
Applications close: 5pm, Monday 24 January 2022
For more information please contact: Mui Ngah Lee at MuiNgah.Lee@dia.govt.nz
Job description: To review the full job description, please click here. If you are unable to follow the link, please review the full job description on our careers website.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Department of Internal Affairs|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Category:||Policy & analysis|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.