Residential Cook at Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children, Bay of Plenty
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Permanent, Full Time, Rotorua
We're seeking to hire an experienced cook to join our Support Services Kitchen Team at Te Maioha o Parekarangi Youth Justice Residence in Rotorua. This is a full-time role working 40 hours per week (four x 10-hour shifts across a 7-day week).
Mō mātou | About us
Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children has a commitment to putting tamariki and rangatahi at the heart of what we do. In our work, we aim to demonstrate these values:
- We put Tamariki first
- We believe Aroha is vital
- We respect the Mana of people
- We are Tika and Pono
- We value Whakapapa
- We recognise that Oranga is a journey
Our purpose is to ensure that all tamariki are in loving whānau and communities where oranga tamariki can be realised. We believe that by getting involved early in their lives and showing love and care, we give children the best chance of growing into happy thriving New Zealanders.
We are committed to putting children first, we believe aroha is vital, we respect the mana of people, we are tika and pono, we value whakapapa and we recognise that oranga is a journey.
Mō te tūnga | About the role
In this busy and varied role, you will assist the Residence Chef in planning menus and preparing meals for the rangatahi in our care. Your great organisational skills will see you prepare quality meals on time, manage delivery arrangements, order food stores, and prepare for special events, supporting the operations of our secure residence. You'll like dealing with people, take pride in customer service, and positively manage internal and external business relationships with ease.
Ngā pūmanawatanga ōu | What you will bring
Key requirements of the role include:
- Vaccinated as per the COVID-19 Public Health Response (Vaccinations) Order 2021
- Proven experience as a cook for large groups
- Understanding of health and safety, including food hygiene
- A level of competence in using a computer and data entry
- Strong relationship building skills and experience dealing with rangatahi
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills
- Effective organisation, planning and time management skills
- Ability to work well as part of a team
- Ability to work unsupervised at times, able to use your initiative
- Full clean valid New Zealand driver's licence without conditions
- New Zealand citizenship or permanent residency at time of application
- Understanding and appreciation of cross-cultural practices in particular; knowledge of tikanga Māori, and Pacific peoples' culture
Nōu te rourou | What's in it for you
Oranga Tamariki offer an impartial remuneration package, that offers progression annually for experience through tenure. We offer a vibrant and supportive team, flexible work options and a genuine commitment to wellbeing. We offer significant training and professional development so that you can thrive and grow. We welcome diversity and are committed to working in an inclusive and respectful way. This is your opportunity to apply your skills and experience to the wellbeing of tamariki and rangatahi.
To see all the benefits of working for Oranga Tamariki, please visit https://mahi.orangatamariki.govt.nz/working-with-us/employee-benefits/
Applications close: 25 January 2022
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to Apply
Apply online with your CV and Covering Letter. If you are an Oranga Tamariki employee already, please ensure you apply with a log in using your Oranga Tamariki email address. If you have any questions about role, please contact Mirko.Tojaga@ot.govt.nz
At Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children, our highest priority is the safety and welfare of our kaimahi and the tamariki and whānau we support.
At this time Oranga Tamariki invites applications from fully vaccinated people or people with a valid medical exemption (under the COVID-19 Public Health Response (Vaccinations) Order 2021).We will require evidence of your vaccination status or a valid exemption.We will require evidence of your vaccination status at the pre-employment stage of our recruitment process.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Oranga Tamariki—Ministry for Children|
|Location:||Bay of Plenty|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Category:||Hospitality & Tourism|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
|File links:||Residential Cook - Position Description (T1096671).pdf|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.