Registered Nurse - Starship Child Health, Paediatric Day Stay Unit at Auckland District Health Board (Central Auckland), Auckland
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Here is a great opportunity to make a difference to our tamariki and their whānau!
- New Zealand’s premier Children’s hospital!
- Permanent, full time and part time role available
- Monday - Friday, mix of 8 & 12 hour shifts
Starship Children’s Hospital is the leading provider of paediatric care in New Zealand and the South Pacific, providing world-class inpatient, outpatient, trauma, emergency, and urgent care to children and their whānau. Every day our clinical and support teams work collaboratively to fulfill our mission to deliver world class patient and whānau-centered paediatric healthcare to all populations we serve. Starship is part of Auckland District Health Board, New Zealand’s largest tertiary healthcare provider.
We are committed to delivering whānau-centered care that focuses on the needs of the child first and values whānau as an important member of the care team. We seek to lead New Zealand in paediatric service delivery, in the provision of pre and post-graduate nursing education, and through the building of our reputation as a national centre of excellence in paediatrics.
Working in our Day Stay Unit you’ll care for children requiring medical or surgical procedures of short duration. You will experience a variety of surgical cases and challenges across the continuum from new-born to adolescent patients and their families.
What we can offer you:
- An interesting and unique work environment that provides a high level of job satisfaction.
- An opportunity to grow both as a person and as a professional while working with a very friendly team.
- Comprehensive and well-structured orientation programme with good clinical support from a preceptor to help you achieve the familiarisation and orientation competencies for your area
- Continuing Professional Development allowance entitlement
- Educational support to achieve the Professional Development and Recognition Programme and financial recognition of nursing levels as per nationally-agreed multi-employer collective agreements
As the ideal candidate for this role you will:
- be a Registered Nurse and will either have or be eligible for registration with NZ Nursing Council
- have a strong commitment to quality healthcare
- have a passion for paediatric nursing
- hold two+ years of nursing experience, ideally in a paediatric setting
- be capable of working independently and within a team
- have well-developed communication, critical thinking skills and a commitment to whānau centred care
If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you!
To apply please click 'Apply Now' and submit your application. Please ensure you attach your latest CV and cover letter outlining your motivation for this role.
For more information or for help with your online application, please contact Recruitment Coordinator Olive Vallabh on OVallabh@adhb.govt.nz
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Auckland District Health Board (Central Auckland)|
|Position type:||Permanent Part time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.