Pharmacy Technician at Taranaki District Health Board (New Plymouth/Hawera), Taranaki
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
The TDHB Pharmacy Department has a vacancy for a Pharmacy Technician or Pharmacy Technician Trainee to join our expanding team.
This position would be suitable for a trained pharmacy technician who has New Zealand Certificate in Pharmacy (Pharmacy Technician), or a person currently training towards, or a person wanting to commence their training to attain this qualification.
The successful applicant will work across the following areas:
- Medicine distribution (e.g. ward imprest stock, patient dispensing and chemotherapy).
- Stock maintenance.
- Assisting with the preparation of pharmaceuticals (extemporaneously compounded non-sterile pharmaceuticals).
The ideal candidate would have:
- An interest in medication management and medication safety processes.
- A commitment to accuracy and continuous quality improvement.
- A high degree of IT literacy with both clinical information systems and the Microsoft Office suite.
- A minimum of Level 1 NCEA Mathematics or equivalent.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- The ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities.
- The ability to work as part of a busy team.
Please note, the successful candidate will be required to have or attain the pharmacy technician qualification - New Zealand Certificate in Pharmacy (Pharmacy Technician)
Some weekend work is required for this role (Approximately 3 hours every 3-4 weeks).
Click here for a Pharmacy Technician job description.
Click here for a Pharmacy Technician Trainee job description.
In Taranaki, it is easy to achieve an enviable lifestyle without having to compromise your career path. The region’s amazing mountain, rivers, lakes, fantastic coastline and outstanding surfing and tramping opportunities, masses of parks and gardens, as well as a major events calendar, make it a great place to live and work. Click here for information about living and working in Taranaki.
The Taranaki District Health Board is a large organisation (2,100 staff) operating in the exciting, changing Health sector. To hear more about our culture view the video on our careers page.
If you are interested in this position please "apply online" from this page with your C.V and a covering letter.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Taranaki District Health Board (New Plymouth/Hawera)|
|Position type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.