Principal Performance Analyst at Kāinga Ora – Homes and Communities , Wellington
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Join a brand new advisory team supporting the GM Commercial Office
- Permanent opportunity located in Auckland or Wellington with flexible working encouraged
- Rate of pay is $144,310 + 5 weeks annual leave and a suite of free insurances
Mō mātou - Our Organisation
At Kāinga Ora, ours is the important responsibility of transforming New Zealand's housing choices, outcomes and the entire housing sector by creating homes and communities that allow New Zealanders to thrive.
What is exciting about working for Kāinga Ora is getting the chance to make a real and positive impact on New Zealanders' lives. With skills, planning and purposeful action, our people are creating the homes and neighbourhoods that will build the future of Aotearoa.
We are passionate about transforming New Zealand for the better. That includes being a trusted partner for Māori and iwi, protecting and enabling their rights, interests and aspirations under the guidance of Te Tiriti o Waitangi.
Ko tā mātou mahi - Our Role
The Commercial Group has an exciting (and challenging) opportunity to deliver meaningful and enduring social impact for Aotearoa. We use our commercial expertise and connections to deliver innovative solutions for better, brighter homes and communities. We do this by building deep partnerships with the private sector including developers, suppliers, build partners, and financial institutions (to name a few). Our intention is to support and maintain a thriving ecosystem that collectively delivers better outcomes for our customers.
Reporting into the Manager Advisory Services, the Principal Performance Analyst will act as the reporting lead and trusted go between for the Commercial Group and other key internal stakeholder groups. Ensuring information and data flows are robust and articulating the source of truth by using innovative visualisation methods in a timely manner is paramount to this role.
In addition to this, you will be responsible for delivering improvement initiatives to build Commercial Group data maturity. You will become the data steward, a trusted advisor to the Commercial Leadership Team and our key conduit with other organisational teams like the Investment Management Office, Construction Management Office, Organisational Planning Team, Information and Intelligence Team and Finance.
We would love to bring someone into the team who has top-notch analytical skills, a genuine curiosity to understand how things work around here and an appetite to challenge the status quo.
Ngā pūmanawatanga ōu - What you will bring
- Experience working in a multi-faceted and demanding environment
- A tertiary qualification in finance, economics or commerce
- Demonstrated experience in working within or developing data analytics centre of excellence for a large / complex organisation
- Strong data analysis and programming skills with practical experience in at least some of the following programming languages : SAS, SQL, R, Python, Scala, DAX>
- Proven ability to pick up new technologies quickly
- Demonstrated experience in identifying, collecting, organising and analysing data to provide information and enable decision-making
- Experience using and developing in data visualisation tools (preferably Power BI), able to present the key insights to key stakeholders in a digestible way and tailoring communication to the appropriate audience
- Experience / confidence in influencing at C Suite level
- Demonstrated ability to engage and influence at both operational and executive level
- Excellent interpersonal, relationship management and negotiation skills
- The behavioural characteristics and skills required to work in a matrixed environment
- Interest in Public Sector structure, governance, processes and systems
- Experience navigating and operating in a regulated environment, experience working constructively across functions and track record of building and maintaining the trust of all stakeholders
- Understanding of partnership obligations under the Treaty of Waitangi
Nōu te rourou - What's in it for you?
We offer competitive salaries, five weeks' annual leave and a benefits package including a range of insurances, flexible working arrangements and career development. These benefits are described in more detail here https://careers.kaingaora.govt.nz/a-great-place-to-work/benefits.
As a Kāinga Ora - Homes and Communities employee, we want to make sure that you have all the tools and support you need. We want to ensure you are healthy and have work-life balance. We also want to support and grow your personal and career development through on-the-job learning, training courses, secondments and study opportunities.
Ō Tātou Uara - Our Values
Our values were developed by us, for us. They unite us as an organisation and guide how we work every day. Our values are:
- Manaakitanga- People at the Heart
- Mahi Tahi- Better Together
- Whanake- Be Bold
Tūhono mai - Join us
To view the position description and apply for this role, please follow the online process via http://careers.kaingaora.govt.nz. Please note: all applicants, including existing employees, need to follow this process. If you have any questions, please contact the recruitment team via Kaingaora.email@example.com
Applications close on 28 January.
We value diversity and are committed to working with each other and our customers in an inclusive and respectful way. We welcome applicants from all walks of life and appreciate the richness of experience that your point of difference brings to the organisation.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Kāinga Ora – Homes and Communities|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Category:||Information / Records Management|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
|File links:||Principal Performance Analyst PD_26Nov 2021_Final.pdf|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.