Support Officer at Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment, Auckland
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Discover a career with purpose at MBIE
- Start the New Year with a new career opportunity
- Fixed term role to August 2022
- Salary starting at $47,022, based in central Manukau
About the role:
As a Support Officer, you will support our Immigration Officers with administrative and operational support services in accordance with organisational needs.
The Manukau Office is the largest visa processing site of Immigration New Zealand. You will have exposure to a wide range of Immigration NZ functions and we require you to be agile and adaptive.
- Support Immigration Officers with administrative services
- Regular development and learning
- Regular performance and remuneration reviews
- MBIE supports a wide range of flexible working arrangements. Talk to us about what might work for both you and us.
Note. As part of this role, you will often be lifting boxes which are likely to weigh between 5-10kgs.
Skills and experience required:
- Customer focused and oriented.
- An ability to work effectively in a team environment and to prioritise work to achieve team and branch outcomes.
- Excellent time management and organisational skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Good level of written and spoken English to enable adequate communication with clients and stakeholders.
- Excellent file management and organisational skills.
- Flexible with working on high caseloads in high pressure situations.
- Present ideas, information and advice clearly with the ability to adapt communication styles when needed.
- Willingness to make a positive difference and continuous process improvements.
- Comfortable with the use of technology especially within the Microsoft Office applications.
- A strong moral compass, and be known to act with integrity in all day to day activities.
To work for Immigration New Zealand applicants MUST be either a New Zealand Citizen or have New Zealand Residency.
MBIE's goal is to create a resilient and high-performing economy that delivers real and ongoing quality of life for all New Zealanders.
We do this by working with others to create an environment that supports businesses to be more productive and internationally competitive, enables all New Zealanders to participate in the economy through improved job opportunities and by working to ensure quality housing is more affordable.
People are at the heart of our mahi, our way of working is guided by our values which shape our behaviours.
- Mahi Tahi – Better Together
- Maia – Bold and brave
- Pae Kahurangi – Build our Future
- Pono Me Te Tika – Own It
Our aspirations are echoed in our Māori identity – Hīkina Whakatutuki – which broadly means ‘lifting to make successful'.
MBIE recognises the partnership founded under Te Tiriti o Waitangi between Māori and the Crown and is committed to giving effect to Te Tiriti o Waitangi. We will do this through enduring, meaningful and effective partnerships with iwi, Māori, other Māori groups/organisations and the Crown, as this is critical to enable economic and social development, both for Māori and for wider Aotearoa New Zealand. We are committed to continuing to partner with iwi in order to find new sustainable solutions to address long standing systemic and cross-cutting issues facing Māori and wider Aotearoa New Zealand and we are also committed to identifying opportunities for iwi to lead and creating an enabling environment for iwi to leverage these opportunities.
E mōhio ana a Hīkina Whakatutuki i puea ake te kōtuinga iwaenganui i a ngāi Māori me te Karauna i Te Tiriti o Waitangi, ā, kei te whai ia ki te whakaū ake i Te Tiriti o Waitangi. Mā te whai kiko o ngā kōtuinga ahungaroa o ngāiwi, o ngāi Māori, me ētahi atu rōpū Māori ki te Karauna, katutuki tēnei. He āhuatanga nui tēnei e āhei ai ngā mahi whanaketanga ā-ohanga, ā-pāpori hoki ki a ngāi Māori me Aotearoa whānui. E whai tonu ana mātou ki te kōtui atu ki ngā iwi mō te rapu huarahi hou ki te whakaara i ngā kaupapakua roa nei e tāmi ana i a ngāi Māori me Aotearoa whānui, ā, e whai ana hoki ki te tautohu i ngā āheinga kōkiritanga māngā iwi, me te tautoko i ngā iwi kia whai mana ake ai ēneiāheinga.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.