Senior Advisor Strategic Operations and Delivery at Kāinga Ora – Homes and Communities , Wellington
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Join a brand new advisory team supporting the GM Commercial Office
- Permanent opportunity located in Auckland or Wellington with flexible working encouraged
- Rate of pay is $120,914 + 5 weeks annual leave and a suite of free insurances
Mō mātou - Our Organisation
At Kāinga Ora, ours is the important responsibility of transforming New Zealand's housing choices, outcomes and the entire housing sector by creating homes and communities that allow New Zealanders to thrive.
What is exciting about working for Kāinga Ora is getting the chance to make a real and positive impact on New Zealanders' lives. With skills, planning and purposeful action, our people are creating the homes and neighbourhoods that will build the future of Aotearoa.
We are passionate about transforming New Zealand for the better. That includes being a trusted partner for Māori and iwi, protecting and enabling their rights, interests and aspirations under the guidance of Te Tiriti o Waitangi.
Ko tā mātou mahi - Our Role
The Commercial Group has an exciting (and challenging) opportunity to deliver meaningful and enduring social impact for Aotearoa. We use our commercial expertise and connections to deliver innovative solutions for better, brighter homes and communities. We do this by building deep partnerships with the private sector including developers, suppliers, build partners, and financial institutions (to name a few). Our intention is to support and maintain a thriving ecosystem that collectively delivers better outcomes for our customers.
Reporting and working very closely with the Manager Advisory Services, you also be a key support for the GM Commercial by delivering hands-on support, triage, advice, input and delivery planning for a range of strategic and operational initiatives, which impact and/or are key deliverables for the Commercial Group.
To be successful in this role you will need to comfortable understanding the broader operating environment within Kāinga Ora (or schooling up quickly) to in turn engage effectively with key stakeholders. Getting into the detail will be necessary to understand the challenges and opportunities facing the Commercial Group and in turn help develop practical solutions to move forward.
This role will act as a support to the wider advisory team and contribute to the team mission. Rolling up your sleeves and problem solving will come naturally to you. You will have exceptional written and verbal communication skills with the ability to think strategically and operationally at the same time enabling you to improve the operational environment on behalf of the Commercial Group.
Ngā pūmanawatanga ōu - What you will bring
- A tertiary qualification or equivalent experience in in business, finance and/or management information or project management
- Experience in an advisory, project management or operations role focused on the delivery of strategic and operational initiatives
- Demonstrated experience delivering projects and initiatives that result in positive change
- Demonstrated experience in interpreting information and providing meaningful insights
- Experience in preparing formal business forecasts and reports
- Proven ability to establish strong relationships with business stakeholders and to work collaboratively
- Facilitation skills
- Ability to work with a high degree of accuracy at a detailed level, while maintaining an understanding of the bigger picture
- Ability to identify risks and resolve complex issues both individually and within teams
- Strong ability to clearly communicate key points in a compelling way, and excellent written (at senior executive level) and oral communication skills
- Experience with tools to develop and produce reports and visualisations, such as Adobe Editor and Microsoft 365 with intermediate Excel and Word skills
- Clear and logical strategic thinking and problem-solving capability
- Well-developed planning and organisational skills with an ability to work to and meet tight deadlines
- Ability to manage a complex workload in a changing environment.
- Understanding of the state sector / crown entity context is an advantage
Nōu te rourou - What's in it for you?
We offer competitive salaries, five weeks' annual leave and a benefits package including a range of insurances, flexible working arrangements and career development. These benefits are described in more detail here https://careers.kaingaora.govt.nz/a-great-place-to-work/benefits.
As a Kāinga Ora - Homes and Communities employee, we want to make sure that you have all the tools and support you need. We want to ensure you are healthy and have work-life balance. We also want to support and grow your personal and career development through on-the-job learning, training courses, secondments and study opportunities.
Ō Tātou Uara - Our Values
Our values were developed by us, for us. They unite us as an organisation and guide how we work every day. Our values are:
- Manaakitanga- People at the Heart
- Mahi Tahi- Better Together
- Whanake- Be Bold
Tūhono mai - Join us
To view the position description and apply for this role, please follow the online process via http://careers.kaingaora.govt.nz. Please note: all applicants, including existing employees, need to follow this process. If you have any questions, please contact the recruitment team via Kaingaora.email@example.com
Applications close on 28 January.
We value diversity and are committed to working with each other and our customers in an inclusive and respectful way. We welcome applicants from all walks of life and appreciate the richness of experience that your point of difference brings to the organisation.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Kāinga Ora – Homes and Communities|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
|File links:||Senior Advisor Strategic Operations and Delivery PD Nov 2021.pdf|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.