Principal Advisor Strategic Delivery and Implementation at Kāinga Ora – Homes and Communities , Auckland
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Join a brand new advisory team supporting the GM Commercial Office
- Permanent opportunity located in Auckland or Wellington with flexible working encouraged
- Rate of pay is $ 144,310 + 5 weeks annual leave and a suite of free insurances
Mō mātou - Our Organisation
At Kāinga Ora, ours is the important responsibility of transforming New Zealand's housing choices, outcomes and the entire housing sector by creating homes and communities that allow New Zealanders to thrive.
What is exciting about working for Kāinga Ora is getting the chance to make a real and positive impact on New Zealanders' lives. With skills, planning and purposeful action, our people are creating the homes and neighbourhoods that will build the future of Aotearoa.
We are passionate about transforming New Zealand for the better. That includes being a trusted partner for Māori and iwi, protecting and enabling their rights, interests and aspirations under the guidance of Te Tiriti o Waitangi.
Ko tā mātou mahi - Our Role
The Commercial Group has an exciting (and challenging) opportunity to deliver meaningful and enduring social impact for Aotearoa. We use our commercial expertise and connections to deliver innovative solutions for better, brighter homes and communities. We do this by building deep partnerships with the private sector including developers, suppliers, build partners, and financial institutions (to name a few). Our intention is to support and maintain a thriving ecosystem that collectively delivers better outcomes for our customers.
Reporting to the Manager Advisory Services, the Principal Advisor - Strategic Delivery and Implementation role is to ensure that the Commercial Group has a voice and a seat at the table in the development of the Kāinga Ora organisational and functional strategies. Through engaging with senior stakeholders in other business groups at Kāinga Ora, you will also work closely with the Commercial Leadership Team to ensure all expectations and milestones are tracked and monitored. A well designed and eloquently packaged up implementation programme will be a key deliverable.
Additionally, you'll be required to pick up ad hoc requests to support strategic initiatives specific to the Commercial Group alongside providing thought leadership, innovative engagement methods, advocacy and guidance towards organisational outcomes driven out of functional strategies. Are you the strategic storyteller with the ability to create positive change that we are looking for?
Ngā pūmanawatanga ōu - What you will bring
- Experience working in a multi-faceted and demanding environment
- Relevant tertiary qualification or equivalent demonstrated experience (minimum 5 years) in a in a strategic communication, programme management or corporate strategy role
- Experience in delivering and implementing strategies, programmes or plans, which are time critical
- Experience in prioritising demands, meeting deadlines and delivering desired results by taking ownership and using effective self and time management approaches
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated experience in identifying, collecting, organising and analysing data to provide information and enable decision-making
- Excellent interpersonal, relationship management and negotiation skills
- Interest in and knowledge of Public Sector structure, governance, processes and systems
- Understanding of partnership obligations under the Treaty of Waitangi
Nōu te rourou - What's in it for you?
We offer competitive salaries, five weeks' annual leave and a benefits package including a range of insurances, flexible working arrangements and career development. These benefits are described in more detail here https://careers.kaingaora.govt.nz/a-great-place-to-work/benefits.
As a Kāinga Ora - Homes and Communities employee, we want to make sure that you have all the tools and support you need. We want to ensure you are healthy and have work-life balance. We also want to support and grow your personal and career development through on-the-job learning, training courses, secondments and study opportunities.
Ō Tātou Uara - Our Values
Our values were developed by us, for us. They unite us as an organisation and guide how we work every day. Our values are:
- Manaakitanga- People at the Heart
- Mahi Tahi- Better Together
- Whanake- Be Bold
Tūhono mai - Join us
To view the position description and apply for this role, please follow the online process via http://careers.kaingaora.govt.nz. Please note: all applicants, including existing employees, need to follow this process. If you have any questions, please contact the recruitment team via Kaingaora.email@example.com
Applications close on 28 January.
We value diversity and are committed to working with each other and our customers in an inclusive and respectful way. We welcome applicants from all walks of life and appreciate the richness of experience that your point of difference brings to the organisation.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Kāinga Ora – Homes and Communities|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Category:||Policy & analysis|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
|File links:||Principal Advisor Strategic Delivery and Implementation PD Oct 2021.pdf|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.