Principal Advisor Insight at Kāinga Ora – Homes and Communities , Auckland
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Join a brand new advisory team supporting the GM Commercial Office
- Permanent opportunity located in Auckland or Wellington with flexible working encouraged
- Rate of pay is $144,310 + 5 weeks annual leave and a suite of free insurances
Mō mātou - Our Organisation
At Kāinga Ora, ours is the important responsibility of transforming New Zealand's housing choices, outcomes and the entire housing sector by creating homes and communities that allow New Zealanders to thrive.
What is exciting about working for Kāinga Ora is getting the chance to make a real and positive impact on New Zealanders' lives. With skills, planning and purposeful action, our people are creating the homes and neighbourhoods that will build the future of Aotearoa.
We are passionate about transforming New Zealand for the better. That includes being a trusted partner for Māori and iwi, protecting and enabling their rights, interests and aspirations under the guidance of Te Tiriti o Waitangi.
Ko tā mātou mahi - Our Role
The Commercial Group has an exciting (and challenging) opportunity to deliver meaningful and enduring social impact for Aotearoa. We use our commercial expertise and connections to deliver innovative solutions for better, brighter homes and communities. We do this by building deep partnerships with the private sector including developers, suppliers, build partners, and financial institutions (to name a few). Our intention is to support and maintain a thriving ecosystem that collectively delivers better outcomes for our customers.
Reporting to the Manager Advisory Services, you will be responsible for developing and implementing insight and improvement initiatives (e.g, a Voice of Supplier Programme). We're really keen to gain deeper insights and understand the key drivers and pain points for the engagement partners in our ecosystem. Building supplier advocacy and deepening relationships is paramount to us and this role will become the lead in facilitating this.
A key function of this role is working with the wider Advisory Services Team and Commercial Leadership Team to develop and execute insight and improvement change programmes that will position us to become the supplier of choice with the private sector. Effective stakeholder management, data visualisation and storytelling will also be your strengths along with experience in delivering change through data and insight.
Ngā pūmanawatanga ōu - What you will bring
- Relevant experience in leading insight and improvement programmes / initiatives for a Marketing or Strategy function (ideally in a Business-to-Business environment) i.e. Voice of Customer, Customer Loyalty Programme
- Tertiary qualification in Business, Strategic Management, Marketing, Analytics, Economics or Finance
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills based on sound reasoning, to ensure complex issues are communicated in a simple and logical manner to colleagues, opinion leaders and other stakeholders
- Experience in prioritising demands, meeting deadlines and delivering desired results by taking ownership and using effective self and time management approaches
- Demonstrated ability to identify, collect, organise and analyse data to provide information and enable decision-making
- Experience distilling complex information into simple business recommendations for business stakeholders
- A proven record in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with individuals, groups and peers - able to collaborate, influence, manage competing interests, manage conflict and work effectively with senior leadership and multiple internal and external stakeholders including development industry professionals, local and central government agencies
- Effective at negotiating and influencing
- Financial analysis and numeracy skills relating to the monitoring and forecasting across multiple projects
- Experience in delivering programmes or plans which are time critical
- Sound judgement evident in operational decision making and able to make accurate and timely decisions when under pressure of tight deadlines and to consistently deliver on time
Nōu te rourou - What's in it for you?
We offer competitive salaries, five weeks' annual leave and a benefits package including a range of insurances, flexible working arrangements and career development. These benefits are described in more detail here https://careers.kaingaora.govt.nz/a-great-place-to-work/benefits.
As a Kāinga Ora - Homes and Communities employee, we want to make sure that you have all the tools and support you need. We want to ensure you are healthy and have work-life balance. We also want to support and grow your personal and career development through on-the-job learning, training courses, secondments and study opportunities.
Ō Tātou Uara - Our Values
Our values were developed by us, for us. They unite us as an organisation and guide how we work every day. Our values are:
- Manaakitanga- People at the Heart
- Mahi Tahi- Better Together
- Whanake- Be Bold
Tūhono mai - Join us
To view the position description and apply for this role, please follow the online process via http://careers.kaingaora.govt.nz. Please note: all applicants, including existing employees, need to follow this process. If you have any questions, please contact the recruitment team via Kaingaora.firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close on 28 January.
We value diversity and are committed to working with each other and our customers in an inclusive and respectful way. We welcome applicants from all walks of life and appreciate the richness of experience that your point of difference brings to the organisation.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Kāinga Ora – Homes and Communities|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Category:||Policy & analysis|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
|File links:||Principal Advisor Insight PD Nov 2021.pdf|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.