HR Business Partner at Waikato District Health Board (Hamilton), Waikato
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Where you’ll be working: Waikato Hospital campus – Organisational Support
The details: Permanent – 80 hours per fortnight
“It’s hard to imagine a more important HR gig than health – we have purpose, challenge and commitment in spades. If you are ready to make a difference for people who really make a difference, have a strong track record in creating excellence, and have people at the heart of everything you do – come join us at Waikato DHB.” Kate Coley, Executive Director Organisational Support.
Healthcare is arguably the most important sector in the life of our nation. Many organisations claim to make a difference to the lives of New Zealanders; at Waikato District Health Board, we truly do, providing not only health and disability services, but rural, regional and national services too. Waikato’s population is diverse and dynamic and demands the highest levels of care from its primary, secondary and tertiary health services. Our environment is fascinating, stimulating and challenging; we work alongside some of the most passionate, talented and specialised people in the world.
About the role:
The HR Business Partnering team plays a key role in contributing to and influencing at operational and strategic levels.
This is an excellent opportunity for an individual who is passionate about utilising their knowledge and experience in a challenging and rewarding environment. We work around organisation and culture development, employment relations, service performance, remuneration, selection and collective employment relationships.
We welcome applicants from HR or another profession currently studying HR at a Post Grad level. This is not a new graduate role and you must be a seasoned professional. Applications from new graduates or professions cannot be taken further.
We can offer you:
• Excellent team culture and high levels of support, working together with a group of experienced and engaged HR Practitioners.
• Flexible working arrangements, including some working from home if desired. Our remuneration is competitive and we provide five weeks of annual leave.
• Working in a model of high trust, flexibility and collaboration.
• Complex and interesting environment – a huge range of professions, services, business variables etc.
• HR Project initiatives to grow and develop your HR practitioner experience.
This year will see significant exciting developments in the health sector and we have a big focus on the development of our organisational culture and leadership.
To be successful you will need:
• Proven experience in providing advice and solutions to leaders on people capability.
• A working knowledge of employment legislation in New Zealand.
• A proven track record of managing key relationships.
• Ability to deal with ambiguity and complexity.
• Sound judgement and perspective and good commercial acumen
• Excellent communication skills.
We are a values-based and inclusive organisation that is committed to deliver the best health outcomes for our total population. To do this, we are working hard to develop a robust and capable workforce that reflects the population we serve.
The Waikato District Health Board Health & Safety has a policy that includes ensuring that you comply with the Health Order announced 11 October 2021 and with the Waikato DHB’s Vaccine Preventable Diseases for Employees policy. The policy prescribes the required vaccinations including COVID19 for all employees of Waikato DHB. COVID-19 vaccinations are mandatory before you commence employment.
To view the position description please click here.
For further enquiries about this role, please contact Jacquie Sherborne on firstname.lastname@example.org
Please apply directly online. Applications are not able to be accepted via email.
Application closing date: 11 February 2022 but applicants will be considered and selection processes commence prior.
Values Theme “People at Heart” – Te iwi Ngakaunui
• Give and earn respect - Whakamana
• Listen to me; talk to me – Whakarongo
• Fair play – Mauri Pai
• Growing the good – Whakapakari
• Stronger together – Kotahitanga
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Waikato District Health Board (Hamilton)|
|Position type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.