Ministerial Coordinator and Team Support at The Treasury, Wellington
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Enhance your career and play a key support role in a central government agency
- Fast paced and varied work in a critical area of central Government
- Join our passionate, fun and high performing team
- Help promote a transparent Government and support Ministers to engage with the public
As Te Tai Ōhanga - The Treasury, we are committed to tiakitanga to make New Zealand a better place for people today and in the future. We safeguard New Zealand's finances and are the Government's trusted economic advisor. Our vision is to lift living standards for all New Zealanders.
The Ministerial Advisory Service (MAS) lead the stewardship of an open and transparent Treasury through the release of official information. MAS also enables the Treasury to support its Ministers in a coordinated and consistent way. Our goal is cultivating, maintaining and managing relationships internally, building credibility as an advisory centre of excellence within the organisation.
We have a rare opportunity for an ambitious coordinator/administrative expert to work with us on the following:
- Coordinating the effective, secure and timely flow of documents between Treasury and the Office of the Minister of Finance, and other Ministers as required
- Implementing effective task management processes for the team and wider Treasury
- Email, inbox and diary management
- Coordinating meetings and liaising with stakeholders
- Maintaining and updating reports, including document editing, formatting and printing
- Leading and assisting event management as required, including logistics and programme scheduling
- Demonstrated previous administrative experience
- Highly organised, efficient with an eye for detail
- A pro-active, can-do attitude, looking to stretch your administrative capabilities
- The ability to multi task, re-prioritise and react to issues that arise during the day whilst keeping calm and professional
- A strong customer focus, excellent communication/interpersonal skills and you're someone who enjoys building great relationships
- Excellent IT skills and an experienced user of Microsoft Office Suite and a range of web tools
We Can Offer:
- A commitment to providing work and training opportunities that support your development and career aspirations
- The on-going support of a wider administration cohort
- The opportunity to work in a supportive and high-performing team that is focused on personal and team development
We pride ourselves on the quality of our staff and understand the importance of fostering a working environment where excellence is recognised and where staff are encouraged to develop their own talents and potential. The Treasury values diversity and inclusion and encourages a positive work/life balance with flexible work arrangements and a range of health and wellbeing initiatives.
Please see the Job Description for further detail and for more information regarding this role please contact Reubhan Swann, Manager Ministerial Advisory Service at Reubhan.Swann@treasury.govt.nz
Applications close Wednesday 26 January. All applications must be made online.
Please note it is Treasury's policy that all individuals entering our premises are required to have a COVID-19 Vaccination Certificate, otherwise known as a My Vaccine Pass (CVC).
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
|File links:||Job Description_Ministerial Coordinator and Team Support.pdf|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.