22/011 Manager Capability at Department of Internal Affairs, Wellington
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Hours: Full time
Business Group: System Strategy and Initiatives
Branch: Digital Public Services
Salary: $129,622 - $175,371
- A range of flexible working options to meet your whānau and life commitments!
- Influential leadership role where you can play a part in the development and implementation of strategy
- Drive curiosity, lead to inspire and support our people to perform at their highest
Our public service is being called upon to deliver a unified, seamless and effective digital experience for all New Zealanders. As a member of Digital Public Service/Te Kōtui Whitiwhiti branch you will help champion this change. We are seeking an experienced people leader with vision and influence to help drive a strong, successful and connected digital public sector.
The Digital Public Service Branch works across the public service to connect, influence and support the system to take advantage of new digital opportunities. It also supports the Government Chief Digital Officer (GCDO) to drive the government s digital transformation and position government to succeed in a changing and evolving digital age.
The response to COVID-19 has highlighted how important it is for the public service to operate effectively in the digital world and to make it as easy as possible for New Zealanders to engage with us. This work is critical to delivering on people s expectations of faster, more accessible and integrated digital services.
The Branch has recently redefined its purpose and reorganised itself to deliver on the expectations of the government s Strategy for a Digital Public Service Strategy for a Digital Public Service,
About the role:
The Manager Capability will help develop and deliver our capability strategy, aligning people to our work programmes and creating an agile and high performing culture.
We are looking for someone who can lift our strategic capability and work collaboratively to deliver solutions that strengthen the branch and ensure we are fit for the future.
This multi-faceted and influential role involves:
- engaging, coaching and managing a multidisciplinary team of highly skilled Strategic Advisors from diverse backgrounds
- working closely with the Programme Delivery Manager to effectively commission, scope and resource a work programme that delivers on Ministerial priorities and key objectives
- actively contributing to the Group leadership team, and the Senior Leadership Cohort for the wider Branch
- continually up-skilling and developing the Strategic Advisors, encouraging a culture of accountability, trust and self-sufficiency.
You will be a forward-looking leader who can think big and broad and who will thrive in a fast paced and dynamic environment. You're committed to building a culture of high performance and the team will appreciate your inclusive, supportive and collaborative leadership style.
You will need the following:
- demonstrated leadership and development of multidisciplinary, high-performing teams or groups
- passionate about developing talent and enhancing people and team performance to effectively coach and facilitate teams to adopt and practice new ways of working
- a successful track record of identifying, developing and growing the workforce capability required for the future
- high attention to detail and outstanding writing skills, you ll have a natural ability to quickly present information in a concise, accurate and easy to understand form
- a high degree of resilience coupled with a proactive and pragmatic approach
- confidence to apply your skills and knowledge across a breadth of disciplines to solve problems, deliver on deadlines, manage budgets and drive results.
We are committed to increasing our cultural confidence as an organisation so proficiency in Te Reo Māori would also be incredibly valuable.
What we offer:
- exposure across government agencies with value-driven interesting work
- The on-going support of teams within the branch to encourage diversity of thought and challenge the status quo and knowledge sharing
- A range of benefits including access to discounted healthcare, subsided school holiday programmes, allowance for vision and hearing care, with a variety of social committee and networks available
We offer a culture where our people are committed to creating a working environment that is inclusive and encourages talent and potential to thrive. We strongly believe in work life balance and this is practiced with a range of flexible work options and wellbeing initiatives just talk to us about what works for you.,
Internal Affairs has a vaccination policy and employment with the Department is conditional on being fully vaccinated for Covid-19, holding and maintaining a valid My Vaccine Pass. Consideration will be given to whether medical or other genuine exemptions can be accommodated in individual cases.
Applications close: 5pm, Sunday 30 January 2022
For more information please contact: Heena Ravji at firstname.lastname@example.org
Job description: To review the full job description, please click here or go to About Internal Affairs - Careers with us - dia.govt.nz
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Department of Internal Affairs|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Category:||Human resources, recruitment & training|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.