22/017 Community Advisor at Department of Internal Affairs, Gisborne
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Hours: Full time
Business Group: Hāpai Hapori / Community Operations
Branch: Kāwai ki te Iwi / Service Delivery & Operations
Salary: $68,060 - $92,081
At the Department of Internal Affairs (DIA), Service Delivery and Operations (SDO) Branch, Hapai Hapori Community Operations is the regional face of DIA with 16 offices located from Kaitaia to Invercargill.
Hapai Hapori Community Operations is responsible for managing and administering Crown and Lottery grants, providing funding advice and information services, secretariat services for funding bodies, and community development advisory services (CDAS). All of these responsibilities have both a national and regional focus.
This is a great opportunity for a highly self-motivated and agile person to join our Gisborne team.
As a Community Advisor your key role is to engage with communities, organisations and stakeholders, to provide information and advice and connect them with the resources they need, using a community led approach. Some travel is involved, and a driver's licence is essential.
Key to your success will be your wealth of experience, skills and ability to work in a Te Ao Maori world alongside communities, hapu and iwi to support their journey to achieving their own aspirations.
You will have a professional attitude and be able to evidence:
- public service integrity
- strong communication skills - written and oral
- a desire to grow skills, knowledge and experience in providing advice that builds and empowers communities, hapu, iwi, marae and voluntary organisations
- excellent relationship management and collaboration skills
- data analysis and analytical skills including the ability to interpret financial information
- experience in assessing organisational performance and providing advice to community and voluntary organisations
- ability to plan, organise and manage work effectively to meet multiple deadlines
- ability to rapidly adapt in a changing environment.
You will also:
- bring a can do 'Make it Easy - Make it Work' attitude
- bring a 'Stronger Together' attitude. You recognise that teams work best when collaborating with each other, supporting each other, and when they back each other up
- bring a genuine desire to make a difference. You settle for nothing less than excellence and take pride in what you do
- have a reputation for getting things done. You're a finisher
- have a sense of humour. We like to have fun * have budget nous'. You can tell the story behind the numbers
- 'hit the road running', coming up to speed quickly with what needs to be done
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusion. We recognise a diverse workforce contributes to better business outcomes. We are committed to creating a workplace where all employees have equal access.,
To learn more about the diverse, important mahi we do at Te Tari Taiwhenua and see why we're a great place to work, click here.
We work to make New Zealand better for New Zealanders through our four outcome areas:
- People can easily access the services and information they need
- Iwi, hapū and communities across New Zealand are safe, resilient and thriving
- People's sense of belonging and collective memory builds an inclusive New Zealand
- New Zealand is a well-functioning democracy across central and local government
Internal Affairs has a vaccination policy and employment with the Department is conditional on being fully vaccinated for Covid-19, holding and maintaining a valid My Vaccine Pass. Consideration will be given to whether medical or other genuine exemptions can be accommodated in individual cases.,
Applications close: 5pm, Wednesday 26 January 2022
For more information please contact: Janice Roxburgh-Gair on 027 493 1409 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Job description: To review the full job description, please click here. If you are unable to follow the link, please review the full job description on our careers website.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Department of Internal Affairs|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.