Investment Coordinator | Investment Process Coordination at Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment, Wellington
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Discover a career with purpose at MBIE
- Are you an excellent project coordinator and enjoy contributing your ideas to improving the way we operate
- A challenging and varied role where you work in a team to deliver effective and efficient funding/investment rounds
- Our approach is to deliver an effective service for New Zealand scientists and researchers
About the role:
We have an exciting opportunity for someone to join the Investment Operations team in the Science System Investment and Performance Branch of the Labour, Science and Enterprise Group.
As an Investment Coordinator, you will bring your project planning and coordination, communication, relationship management and customer service skills to NZ’s science funding system. We work collaboratively with a team of people to ensure that science funding rounds are planned, coordinated and delivered, and best practice is followed.
We recognise a common set of team values that promote a fun and positive team culture that values professionalism, respect, accountability and communication. Diversity is highly valued and managers work hard to ensure that all staff are given opportunities to develop their skills and expertise.
If you enjoy:
- Being proactive and using your strong planning, coordination and collaboration skills to ensure timelines for funding/investment rounds are met by working with colleagues across the branch and with other teams
- A task-focused role, including planning, coordinating and implementing contract administration i.e. populating contract templates, peer reviewing, processing contract variations and facilitating contract payments
- Providing excellent customer service to external stakeholders, and monitoring and responding to enquiries through the 0800 help line and our online funding system support email account
- Learning new technical skills and configuring online templates for funding processes in the Ministry’s online funding system to ensure they are fit for purpose
- Managing workflow in the system to ensure funding operations run efficiently
Then this job will definitely keep you engaged and challenged.
Skills and experience required:
- Proven track record of experience in project planning and coordination and business processing support. Experience in funding operation and contracting areas is desirable
- Experience in learning and using complex systems. Previous relevant technical experience is beneficial
- A pro-active, solutions focused work style with a strong customer service focus and delivery
- Great attention to detail and a high level of accuracy
- Strong organisational skills, with a proven ability to manage competing priorities and meet deadlines without compromising quality
- Ability to communicate effectively (written and verbally) with a wide range of stakeholders, both internal and external
- Good relationship management and collaboration skills, able to manage positive relationships with people at all levels in the organisation
- Be comfortable with ambiguity that change brings as we remain agile to a changing funding environment, demonstrating your resilience, multi-tasking skills and experience
MBIE's goal is to create a resilient and high-performing economy that delivers real and ongoing quality of life for all New Zealanders.
We do this by working with others to create an environment that supports businesses to be more productive and internationally competitive, enables all New Zealanders to participate in the economy through improved job opportunities and by working to ensure quality housing is more affordable.
People are at the heart of our mahi, our way of working is guided by our values which shape our behaviours.
- Mahi Tahi – Better Together
- Maia – Bold and brave
- Pae Kahurangi – Build our Future
- Pono Me Te Tika – Own It
Our aspirations are echoed in our Māori identity – Hīkina Whakatutuki – which broadly means ‘lifting to make successful'.
MBIE recognises the partnership founded under Te Tiriti o Waitangi between Māori and the Crown and is committed to giving effect to Te Tiriti o Waitangi. We will do this through enduring, meaningful and effective partnerships with iwi, Māori, other Māori groups/organisations and the Crown, as this is critical to enable economic and social development, both for Māori and for wider Aotearoa New Zealand. We are committed to continuing to partner with iwi in order to find new sustainable solutions to address long standing systemic and cross-cutting issues facing Māori and wider Aotearoa New Zealand and we are also committed to identifying opportunities for iwi to lead and creating an enabling environment for iwi to leverage these opportunities.
E mōhio ana a Hīkina Whakatutuki i puea ake te kōtuinga iwaenganui i a ngāi Māori me te Karauna i Te Tiriti o Waitangi, ā, kei te whai ia ki te whakaū ake i Te Tiriti o Waitangi. Mā te whai kiko o ngā kōtuinga ahungaroa o ngāiwi, o ngāi Māori, me ētahi atu rōpū Māori ki te Karauna, katutuki tēnei. He āhuatanga nui tēnei e āhei ai ngā mahi whanaketanga ā-ohanga, ā-pāpori hoki ki a ngāi Māori me Aotearoa whānui. E whai tonu ana mātou ki te kōtui atu ki ngā iwi mō te rapu huarahi hou ki te whakaara i ngā kaupapakua roa nei e tāmi ana i a ngāi Māori me Aotearoa whānui, ā, e whai ana hoki ki te tautohu i ngā āheinga kōkiritanga māngā iwi, me te tautoko i ngā iwi kia whai mana ake ai ēneiāheinga.
How to apply:
Click here to view a position description. All applications must be submitted via our online process. Email email@example.com quoting ref MBIE/2725 if you have any further questions.
Applications close on 2 February 2022
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.