Residential Assistant at Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment, Auckland
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Discover a career with purpose at MBIE
- Do you enjoy working in a general maintenance environment?
- Provide quality cleaning, hygiene education, and pastoral care
- Salary range - $44,471-$52,124, Mangere location
About the role:
We have a number of full-time vacancies which we are looking to fill. Based at the Mangere Refugee Resettlement Centre, you will make a key contribution to the operations of the Refugee Quota Branch by providing general maintenance support and cleaning.
The Residential Assistant is responsible for reporting service ability of equipment and buildings and keeping the buildings clean and tidy.
The Residential Assistant will be required to deliver results in the following areas:
- Instruct the proper use of household appliances
- Provide quality cleaning, hygiene education
- Pastoral care
- Support resident’s adjustment to new surroundings
- Support residents with guidance and advice
- General cleaning
- Assist with the induction of newly arrived residents.
We are looking for someone with a can-do attitude who takes pride in keeping their environment clean and tidy. These are permanent positions Monday to Friday.
Skills and experience required:
- Previous experience cleaning and working with cleaning chemicals
- Good computer skills including Windows experience (Word, Excel, Outlook, MS PowerPoint)
- Good communication skills and able to give presentations
- Ability to work effectively without direct supervision, prioritising workloads including when under pressure of time
- Ability to work with people from differing cultural backgrounds, genders, and abilities
- Experience in a residential environment
- Police Vetting required (more information can be found here)
- Must have a full current drivers’ licence.
For your application to be considered, you must be either a New Zealand citizen or hold a permanent residency class visa.
MBIE's goal is to create a resilient and high-performing economy that delivers real and ongoing quality of life for all New Zealanders.
We do this by working with others to create an environment that supports businesses to be more productive and internationally competitive, enables all New Zealanders to participate in the economy through improved job opportunities and by working to ensure quality housing is more affordable.
People are at the heart of our mahi, our way of working is guided by our values which shape our behaviours.
- Mahi Tahi – Better Together
- Maia – Bold and brave
- Pae Kahurangi – Build our Future
- Pono Me Te Tika – Own It
Our aspirations are echoed in our Māori identity – Hīkina Whakatutuki – which broadly means ‘lifting to make successful'.
MBIE recognises the partnership founded under Te Tiriti o Waitangi between Māori and the Crown and is committed to giving effect to Te Tiriti o Waitangi. We will do this through enduring, meaningful and effective partnerships with iwi, Māori, other Māori groups/organisations and the Crown, as this is critical to enable economic and social development, both for Māori and for wider Aotearoa New Zealand. We are committed to continuing to partner with iwi in order to find new sustainable solutions to address long standing systemic and cross-cutting issues facing Māori and wider Aotearoa New Zealand and we are also committed to identifying opportunities for iwi to lead and creating an enabling environment for iwi to leverage these opportunities.
E mōhio ana a Hīkina Whakatutuki i puea ake te kōtuinga iwaenganui i a ngāi Māori me te Karauna i Te Tiriti o Waitangi, ā, kei te whai ia ki te whakaū ake i Te Tiriti o Waitangi. Mā te whai kiko o ngā kōtuinga ahungaroa o ngāiwi, o ngāi Māori, me ētahi atu rōpū Māori ki te Karauna, katutuki tēnei. He āhuatanga nui tēnei e āhei ai ngā mahi whanaketanga ā-ohanga, ā-pāpori hoki ki a ngāi Māori me Aotearoa whānui. E whai tonu ana mātou ki te kōtui atu ki ngā iwi mō te rapu huarahi hou ki te whakaara i ngā kaupapakua roa nei e tāmi ana i a ngāi Māori me Aotearoa whānui, ā, e whai ana hoki ki te tautohu i ngā āheinga kōkiritanga māngā iwi, me te tautoko i ngā iwi kia whai mana ake ai ēneiāheinga.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.