Senior Advisor Leadership Capability at Civil Aviation Authority of NZ, Wellington
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
The Civil Aviation Authority and the Aviation Security Service offer distinctively different career opportunities and embrace diverse talent. All jobs at the Authority contribute to ensuring safe and secure skies to help New Zealand fly.
The Civil Aviation Authority is the regulatory arm of our organisation and the Aviation Security Service is the nationwide provider for aviation security.
About the role
The Senior Advisor Leadership Capability role is responsible for the design and development of frameworks and programmes focused on building leadership and management skills, and on supporting the implementation of new ways of working, and culture change programmes across all Authority roles.
Based at the Civil Aviation Authority National Office in Wellington, this role is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Senior Advisor to take on challenges within the unique and fast paced aviation industry.
We are committed to investing in our people and growing our leadership and management capability across the organisation. We recognise leading others can be both challenging and rewarding, especially in these changing times, so we want to support our leaders and managers and equip them with the knowledge, skills and tools required to take our organisation forward.
What we’re looking for
This role requires an experienced Senior Advisor Leadership Capability who has worked in similar roles within a large organisation. You should have experience of developing, delivering and co-ordinating leadership development frameworks, programmes, solutions and resources. The Senior Advisor will support the Principal Advisor in the scoping, design and delivery of helpful, supportive and inspirational tools, frameworks, programmes and resources. The team is supported by a Co-ordinator Leadership Capability.
Duties and responsibilities, you can expect to undertake include:
- Contributing to the development, implementation, communication and on-going review of the leadership development framework across the Authority
- Contributing to a positive team culture in the Leadership Capability team and working effectively with other People teams
- New and revised policies, frameworks and supporting processes
- Scoping, development and delivery of initiatives and solutions to support leadership, management and talent development including but not limited to coaching, action learning groups and online learning
- Management of key stakeholder relationships including coaching and advice to leaders and managers across the Authority
- Development of systems to work with existing Capability systems to track development activity and spend
- Management of relationship with external vendors, suppliers and partners
To succeed in this role, you would benefit from the following knowledge, skills and experience:
- Experience as a Senior Advisor Leadership Capability
- Experience with adult learning principles/ learning & development
- Experience developing frameworks or models
- An understanding of cultural awareness, ensuring we honour our obligations under the Treaty of Waitangi
- Research, design, sourcing and development of leadership & management initiatives
- Quantitative and qualitative analysis and research
- Written or verbal presentation of recommendations or other key messages and resources
- Extensive facilitation and coaching experience.
- Strong communication skills that convey messages in an inspiring and clear manner
- Strong partnership builder and sound relationship management skills.
- Effective planning and organising skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Hard working with a strong work ethic
The Authority is committed to delivering quality regulatory outcomes, as well as ‘safe and secure skies to help New Zealand fly’. This is a unique and exciting opportunity for you to add your expertise to our team and culture, as we continue to provide safety and security to New Zealand’s civil aviation system.
Please take a look at the Position description for this role to find out if you have what it takes and apply now!
Applications close on Thursday 27th January
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Civil Aviation Authority of NZ|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Category:||Human resources, recruitment & training|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.