Senior SQL Database Administrator at Ministry of Foreign Affairs & Trade, Wellington
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Is delivering a great customer experience for all aspects of database services across a global organisation something that drives you to perform at the top of your game?
- Do you thrive on challenges and are you looking for an opportunity to develop strategy, design and collaborate on SQL database services across the whole lifecycle?
- Are you a natural leader who is a confident communicator comfortable conversing with a wider range of people?
We are looking for a specialist Senior SQL Database Administrator to join the Applications Team to deliver responsive, customer centric enterprise database services for our global user base in over 60 off-shore and on shore locations.
Kōrero mō te tūranga - About the role
The Applications Team has a vacancy for a position in the team for a Senior SQL Database Administrator who is responsible for all Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade SQL database services, in particular the database that support our EDRMS. This service is one of two platinum business critical services supported by the Applications Team. The Ministry's EDRMS ecosystem consists of a suite of a key business tools which provide a communication medium that our staff use to ultimately deliver outcomes for New Zealand.
As such this role will appeal to candidates that have a passion working with technologies that make a difference to the business' ability to operate effectively and efficiently. The role actively promotes leadership opportunities and you will work with a group of dedicated, professional engineers who have significant experience delivering quality services with a focus on the customers. You will be working within the wider Applications Team who actively support each other. This role is for someone who enjoys working with a large SQL databases and services where delving into the nitty gritty of the technical possibilities and troubleshooting is a daily experience.
The full salary range for this role is $95,555 - $129,281 per annum including employer contribution to Kiwisaver. We expect to appoint around the midpoint which is $112,418, however this is negotiable depending on experience
Mā wai te mahi nei? - Who are we looking for?
- You will have expert in-depth skills and experience managing database technologies, including SSIS, SSRS and Reporting services aspects that a suite of on premise and cloud hosted based services rely on. You will have day to day experience managing and maintaining large scale databases that support a SharePoint EDRMS solution in a highly available configuration across multiple datacentres.
- Your great attitude, flexibility and proactive approach will be key to being successful in this role. As will being a courteous and confident communicator
- You will have a strong customer focus
- You'll be someone who enjoys working in team environment where everyone is welcomed and their contributions and ideas are valued
- You will be a natural leader who is comfortable working with a wide range of technical and business stakeholders
- If you're happiest when you have an opportunity to be a technical and strategic hands-on administrator working closely with others to make positive business impacts then this role would suit you
Ngā hua o te mahi i te Manatū Aorere - Why MFAT?
We are committed to a focus on leadership, talent, training and development, and flexible work options. Check out our benefits page to find out more about why we love working here.
We are also working to grow the diversity of our workforce and the inclusive nature of our workplace. Click on our diversity and inclusion page to find out more.
Mō mātou - About us
Our people represent New Zealand on and offshore, and in doing so make New Zealanders safer and more prosperous. By building connections with and influencing other countries and international institutions, we advance New Zealand's interests and pursue New Zealand's values. We provide advice to the Government on the implications for New Zealand of what is happening in the world.
Me pēhea te tuku tono - To Apply/Interested?
Apply today with your CV and cover letter.
For a confidential discussion please email Sue.Cozens@mfat.govt.nz
You must be a NZ Citizen or Permanent Resident and be able to obtain and maintain an appropriate NZ Government Security clearance.
Use this online tool to self-check your eligibility for a Confidential security clearance. Please note that this tool is not part of the formal security clearance process:
Applications close at 9pm on 27 January 2022
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Ministry of Foreign Affairs & Trade|
|Position type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Category:||IT & computing|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
|File links:||Senior SQL DBA PD October 2021.docx|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.